It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:47 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:38 pm 

I think the top 5 as it is now wont change much. Played all and all have great players , i do think tho that Chester will edge out Thornaby for runners up . some great young players at CLS so if they dont go up this year i think they can only get better next season.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:03 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
I think the top 5 as it is now wont change much. Played all and all have great players , i do think tho that Chester will edge out Thornaby for runners up . some great young players at CLS so if they dont go up this year i think they can only get better next season.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with promotion from the NL2 next season. Obviously the new step 4 league in the Northeast will have been created for the start of season 2020/21 & how this effects clubs in the NL1, NL2 & the 3 feeder leagues.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:01 am 

If the top teams win all their remaining games(which seems unlikely). Dunston UTS will win the league & promotion on the 30th March away at Hebburn Town. But it could easily be a lot earlier than this, especially if Dunston keeps winning their games.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:10 am 

Thornaby have now closed the gap on all the other runners up on a ppg basis for promotion. If you look at the link the lighter shaded green has 4 places for potential extra promotions. 1 of these will be a definite promotion because Thanesmead folded. So Thornaby are 13th on the list with an average 2.233. The team in 10th place are on 2.33, so we may see 2 teams promoted & potentially Durham City AFC survives the drop. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dr ... dbox/Step6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:47 pm 

Ah well positive news, more motivation for us to keep up our current form.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:51 am 

Going to be a massive game Thornaby v Billingham. Whoever wins will have a massive boost going in to the final games. Both had cracking seasons so it would be nice to see them bot rewarded , especially if it keeps Durham up should they finish bottom.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:12 pm 

The prospect of Kendal Town being relegated into the Northern League has lessened. Colwyn Bay are struggling financially & are in discussions with the FAW about joining the Welsh pyramid. If they resign before the 31st March, then they’ll be placed bottom of the NPL1W & the bottom placed side will moved up to 2nd bottom. So 2nd bottom side(currently Kendal) will be reprieved. https://clwbpeldroed.org/2019/02/25/col ... ion-wales/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:17 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
The prospect of Kendal Town being relegated into the Northern League has lessened. Colwyn Bay are struggling financially & are in discussions with the FAW about joining the Welsh pyramid. If they resign before the 31st March, then they’ll be placed bottom of the NPL1W & the bottom placed side will moved up to 2nd bottom. So 2nd bottom side(currently Kendal) will be reprieved. https://clwbpeldroed.org/2019/02/25/col ... ion-wales/

This would also create a reprieve across step 5 & also an extra promotion spot for the next best runner up on a ppg basis across step 6. Pushing the chances of the NL2 having 2 promotion spots.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:47 pm 

Good news for Billingham and Thornaby

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:49 pm 

Good news indeed.. however we want the league title now!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:48 am 

Mr T-side wrote:
Good news indeed.. however we want the league title now!

Going to be a very interesting situation as it pans out. With Thornaby playing their last game a week after Billingham finish their campaign. Be a hell of a week on teesside if it went to that last game on the 20th. Still at least it looks good for 2 promotion spots especially if both clubs keep racking up the points. Good luck to both clubs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:52 pm 

ultimately im being realistic Billingham have a game in hand so even if we win on saturday they still have the upper hand..

but as i keep saying having watched us finish 17th with 2 blokes and a manky dog running round the pitch being second and challenging for the title is dreamland.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:43 am 

Apologies if I’ve missed it, but will there be relegation from Division Two this year?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:18 am 

ian_brown wrote:
Apologies if I’ve missed it, but will there be relegation from Division Two this year?

It’s all down to the FALC’s decision. The bottom placed side should be relegated according to rules & regs. However the NL is short of 2 clubs & if 2 clubs are promoted from the NL2 then the LC might relegate zero clubs from that division. In fact there might be zero relegations in both divisions. However, the LC might just as easily relegate 2 teams & laterally transfer a couple of teams from neighbouring leagues (Carlisle City & Cleator Moor Celtic for instance).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:26 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

This would also create a reprieve across step 5 & also an extra promotion spot for the next best runner up on a ppg basis across step 6. Pushing the chances of the NL2 having 2 promotion spots.

Colwyn Bay have tweeted that they are going to join the Welsh pyramid system. So that’s 11 runners up will be promoted on a ppg basis at step 6. Also a team will be reprieved across step 5. Just as a side issue Pickering Town are in the NPL1E drop zone, so if 2 teams are promoted from the NL2 & Pickering are relegated. They will almost certainly end up in the NL1 & that’ll be the 20 clubs for next season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next