It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:38 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:37 am 

Never saw that coming , delighted though .

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:44 am 

Sir Rodney Effing wrote:
So Durham City are saved from relegation to the Wearside League.

No ground, no prospect of a ground, and not a pot to pi** in.......but hey lads lets save them, after all they were in the Football League once upon a time.

Been very lucky only saved due to league been short for a change. Im sure at one time clubs could only ground share for 3 seasons or so. Im sure durhams been ground-sharing for longer and unlike bishop auckland there seems to be no concrete plans for a new stadium.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:28 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
Sir Rodney Effing wrote:

No ground, no prospect of a ground, and not a pot to pi** in.......but hey lads lets save them, after all they were in the Football League once upon a time.

Been very lucky only saved due to league been short for a change. Im sure at one time clubs could only ground share for 3 seasons or so. Im sure durhams been ground-sharing for longer and unlike bishop auckland there seems to be no concrete plans for a new stadium.

Frimley Green are appealing against Northallerton being promoted from 3rd & them being the next best runner up on a ppg basis. This isn’t over yet!

Last edited by Windy1970 on Sun May 19, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:42 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:
Sir Rodney Effing wrote:

Frimley Green are appealing against Northallerton being promoted from 3rd & then being the next best runner up on a ppg basis. This isn’t over yet!

Interesting. Going to be some chaos between now and league agm’s

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:11 pm 

Wack wrote:
Never saw that coming , delighted though .

Chuffed for you all at Northallerton Wack . Great news .

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:29 pm 

Sir Rodney Effing wrote:

Aren’t they technically not the same club. But just a reformed version, that used the ex-football league clubs name. It’s the same as when people say Gateshead are an ex-football League club. They aren’t! I believe Ashington are though?

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:43 pm 

Nothing against Northallerton, their ground is one of my favourites in division two, but this decision is So fundamentally wrong. If the FA knew all along, three were going up, which I touched on several times but was corrected due to the ppg ratio then who is to say Chester Le Street and Heaton Stannington would have fallen away? Why weren’t Knaresborough moved when loads of clubs nationwide have moved laterally? Northallerton didn’t come anywhere close to having enough points to go up. It makes a mockery of the FAs comments in the NLP a month ago discussing the current state of the pyramid and its future reformed plans.

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:24 am 

Because the FA haven't got the kahunas they were born with. The ENL footprint was never going to move more into Yorkshire and upset their clubs rather than keep the same footprint and move Carlisle City. I bet Knaresborough and indeed Harrogate RA kicked up one hell of a fuss in not wanting to move north. I am surprised they didn't move Northallerton to the NCEL. Please for Northallerton getting their promotion but I fear we haven't heard the last of this from clubs who finished in a second position in their league but missed out on ppg.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:18 am 

People love to complain. Having 20 in the leagues is the most important thing. What real difference does it make having Carlisle or Harrogate in the league!?

The FA were always going to have to make a call as to which club they would bring in to balance things out.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:25 am 

Not complaining about either Carlisle City or Knaresborough, just saying that what we were hearing was the FA trying to extend the ENL footprint further south then keeping things exactly how they were, suspect Yorkshire clubs kicked up a fuss but there would be nothing from the north west as Carlisle is an outlier anyway. Could have brought both in and relegated Durham City for me, I think time to re-group would have done them good.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:30 am 

Cestrian wrote:
Not complaining about either Carlisle City or Knaresborough, just saying that what we were hearing was the FA trying to extend the ENL footprint further south then keeping things exactly how they were, suspect Yorkshire clubs kicked up a fuss but there would be nothing from the north west as Carlisle is an outlier anyway. Could have brought both in and relegated Durham City for me, I think time to re-group would have done them good.

They could have done that, but then people would have complained about bringing both those clubs in, making travel worse. Can’t win either way and barely makes any difference

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:03 am 

england wrote:
Cestrian wrote:

They could have done that, but then people would have complained about bringing both those clubs in, making travel worse. Can’t win either way and barely makes any difference

Exactly could not win either way. Im sure a few would have kicked up a stink if durham were relegated mind they cant keep dodging the bullet forever regardless of there history.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:26 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
england wrote:
Cestrian wrote:

Exactly could not win either way. Im sure a few would have kicked up a stink if durham were relegated mind they cant keep dodging the bullet forever regardless of there history.

Don’t think there is any doubt that they have been lucky and previously darlo RA and Alnwick have been unlucky, but it’s not there fault that team north and jarrow folded, just exceptional circumstances that they have benefited from

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:45 pm 

Cestrian wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Carlisle City leave the Alliance because they no longer wished to play their football on the east of the country when they are based in the west....then lo and behold and against their will they are forcibly made to play back over here again......brilliant decision that one is !!

Re Durham City, I agree that some time to re group in the Wearside League would have been good for them.....I hear other people say " they are nice people at Durham "....and I agree, they also say however " they are telling they us will have a ground soon "...I don't agree with that I think it's just bullsh*t in a vain attempt to remain in a league they obviously can't compete in.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:23 pm 

If I remember rightly Carlisle City finished 2nd to Blyth Town in alliance and applied for promotion to the NWC . I think they would have preferred the Nl but only 1 could go into NL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next