It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:49 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:22 pm 

Windy I see where you are coming from with the take a step back and rebuild . We did it and are now starting to see the benifits. It’s the term Basket Case don’t agree with. Can’t see the point of relegating a club then laterally transferring Cumbrian clubs or Yorkshire based clubs when it may not be needed . I’m sure the clubs from those leagues would agree.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:30 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Windy I see where you are coming from with the take a step back and rebuild . We did it and are now starting to see the benifits. It’s the term Basket Case don’t agree with. Can’t see the point of relegating a club then laterally transferring Cumbrian clubs or Yorkshire based clubs when it may not be needed . I’m sure the clubs from those leagues would agree.

True. Lateral transfers would be no good for ncel or northern league clubs and the leagues they play in

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:46 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:

When you look at other step 5/6 leagues footprints. The NL clubs play in a very tiny area compared with some. You could point out that the footprint is from North Yorkshire to the Scottish Borders. But in reality it’s Northallerton to Ashington(with Penrith as the only outlier). Knaresborough are halfway between Yorkshire Anatuers & Northallerton. So why shouldn’t they be in the NL? Look at the Western League, where Plymouth Parkway have to travel north of Bristol to play games. Or Westfield(Hereford) in the MFL play teams around Nottinghamshire. Some people in the NL have got to get real & accept that the footprint needs to grow & it’ll help the league grow. Moving Bridlington would be insane though & probably kill the club in the long run.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:07 am 

Durham City haven't finished bottom yet so don't presume they will go,Brandon are having a wretched time,only 6 points separate them,Durham have two games in hand and they have each other to play.whatever happens can't see Brandon continuing,will be sad but that's the facts,no interest in the place at all,Durham should play there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:40 am 

tenpole tudor wrote:
Durham City haven't finished bottom yet so don't presume they will go,Brandon are having a wretched time,only 6 points separate them,Durham have two games in hand and they have each other to play.whatever happens can't see Brandon continuing,will be sad but that's the facts,no interest in the place at all,Durham should play there.

Brandon are struggling , not in the same way as Durham though. Brandon are having a difficult time with a lack of volunteers and also a crippling injury list. The lads and lasses that are putting all they have into keeping these clubs going are to be applauded. It's not an easy task when the locals dont seem to care . That could be a good shout with Durham playing at Brandon though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:00 am 

Brandon have a ground, basic but in the village itself, durham dont, even if brandon got relegated they would be more likely to come back, others have come back stronger. Not so good for durham. Cant see there been much intrest in a wearside leaugue team playing out of town when a wearside league club plays in durham itself

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:15 am 

Si_kirk wrote:
Brandon have a ground, basic but in the village itself, durham dont, even if brandon got relegated they would be more likely to come back, others have come back stronger. Not so good for durham. Cant see there been much intrest in a wearside leaugue team playing out of town when a wearside league club plays in durham itself

Its looking very much like there could be no relegation . I see what you mean though. I just feel for both clubs as i've had the experience of relegation so i hope they both stay up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:19 am 

Both clubs have been struggling on and off the field I hope none of us go down but what will be will be
I would like to thank those clubs who have stuck up for us on here and sent good luck messages we certainly need it but believe me we are trying both on and off the field with resources we have available

Twitter acccount @DurhamCity_AFC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:55 am 

tenpole tudor wrote:

This is their run in & I reckon they need to win half their games to avoid bottom place:
Thornaby(A), Billingham Synthonia(H), Ryton & Crawcrook Albion(H), Esh Winning(A), Crook Town(A), Brandon Utd(H), Washington(H), Heaton Stannington(A), Bedlington Terriers(A), West Allotment Celtic(A). I’ll be surprised if they get 9 points from them games & that’d need Brandon to lose every game.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:57 am 

DurhamCityReporter wrote:
Both clubs have been struggling on and off the field I hope none of us go down but what will be will be
I would like to thank those clubs who have stuck up for us on here and sent good luck messages we certainly need it but believe me we are trying both on and off the field with resources we have available

Wouldn’t a period a lower level, less costs & a chance to rebuild. Be better than getting tanked each week & losing money week in week out

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:13 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

Its looking very much like there could be no relegation . I see what you mean though. I just feel for both clubs as i've had the experience of relegation so i hope they both stay up.

Im suprised durham are not down for relegation regardless of position in table. Was told a few year ago clubs could only groundshare for a maximum of 3 seasons. Mind bishop groundshared for years. Is it a case of different rules for different clubs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:14 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:

Wouldn’t a period a lower level, less costs & a chance to rebuild. Be better than getting tanked each week & losing money week in week out

Your quote about rebuilding below is credible but you have to have the people to do it, no interest in Brandon at all, the crowds they get are all visitors and players parents,plenty of the locals have had enough to say in the past but when it comes to doing something they disappear,would be sad to see them go but it's not looking good.y

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:32 pm 

tenpole tudor wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

Your quote about rebuilding below is credible but you have to have the people to do it, no interest in Brandon at all, the crowds they get are all visitors and players parents,plenty of the locals have had enough to say in the past but when it comes to doing something they disappear,would be sad to see them go but it's not looking good.y

Maybe the 2 clubs could merge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:54 pm 

Not a bad idea tbf. Would the 2 clubs consider that though? Very much doubt it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:49 pm 

From what I hear Brandon will do well to hold onto the ground as there are rumours that the chap who built the houses next to the ground wants to move up the hill and develop the ground for housing. Lets hope he is knocked back by planning regs or that the ground is protected by some sort of sports only covenant and lets hope Brandon can get some interest going in the village and come back strongly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next