It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 8:30 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:07 am 

Wack wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Cestrian wrote:
As I said ifs buts and maybes. It takes a lot of money to develop a ground to even ENL 2 standard, a lot of very hard work applying for grants for stands and floodlights etc unless the clubs mentioned have a sugar daddy waiting in the wings. I don't agree with a ground share to gain promotion when others have developed a ground and cannot afford the better players on the pitch because of this. Also remember Blyth town and Durham United have another tough league to try to negotiate before promotion to step 6 unless of course the FA decide to cherry pick on facilities alone then we could have the likes of Alnwick and Darlington RA back in ENL2. I see at this precise moment a dearth of clubs ready to move up taking into account both playing strength and facilities. We even have both candidates this season at grounds purposefully to gain promotion (Newcastle Uni and Sunderland West End) whilst their facilities are brought up to standard, should they have waited and played at their own grounds until facilities were ready? ground sharing to gain promotion? others have been blocked in the past!!! another argument maybe?

The clubs I mentioned, are all beyond the planning stages & have either secured grants or are already developing their grounds. So I haven’t added a load of clubs that fancy playing at step 6 one day. These are clubs that are within a season or two of being ready for step 6.

I don't think Richmond Town are anywhere near getting a new ground anytime soon.

I am surprised Bedale never show ambition. Nice little set up, decent bar, and I think they own the land , so getting floodlight grants should be straight forward. Several towns in the North Yorkshire area could adapt to step 6 with funding and vision, including Kirbymoorside, Thirsk Falcons, Easingwold Town and the one that surprises me the most is Ripon City. Perhaps as time goes on these Clubs will develop, they all have the footings of something better

I contacted Kirkbymoorside & they’re developing their ground. They said that they are ambitious & only need floodlights & a Stand. They will await the release of the FA’s restructure. Although they’re in the York League, they could just as easily be in the North Riding League. Knowing how the FA operates, they will look at bordering clubs if they need to cherry pick. A good example is when they expanded the NWCL. Shelley were in the WYL & ended up mid table, but were promoted into the NWCL1N.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:06 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
I contacted Kirkbymoorside & they’re developing their ground. They said that they are ambitious & only need floodlights & a Stand.
I went there when they played in the Wearside League. I seem to remember the football pitch is tightly between the bowling green and cricket pitch, also the football and cricket areas overlap, which might make it difficult to properly enclose the football pitch. Nice set-up though.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:13 pm 

Went past Kirkbymoorside's ground a fortnight ago. Its open on all sides, not sure where they will put a stand. Plus they have to get over the intransigence of the National Park when it comes to planning decisions. Whickham's ground also incorporates a cricket pitch so I am sure something can be worked out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:41 pm 

North Ferriby Utd from the NPL Prem have been liquidated this morning. The knock on effect will mean that 12 step 6 runners up will now be promoted & that now includes Thornaby

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:17 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
North Ferriby Utd from the NPL Prem have been liquidated this morning. The knock on effect will mean that 12 step 6 runners up will now be promoted & that now includes Thornaby

And i fear they wont be the last to go before next season starts either

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:39 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

What happens to points won/lost against them?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:03 pm 

Nigel-Reo-Coker wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

Because they’ve played more than 75% of their games. Their remaining games will all be classified as 0-0 wins to their opponents & 3 points will be awarded to their remaining opponents.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:04 pm 

Nigel-Reo-Coker wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

Aint the results up until now still standing as its so far on in the season

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:39 pm 

What happens to points won/lost against them?[/quote]
Because they’ve played more than 75% of their games. Their remaining games will all be classified as 0-0 wins to their opponents & 3 points will be awarded to their remaining opponents.[/quote]

Never heard of this before.normally all results are expunged which is only fair

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:42 am 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
Only fair thing is to expunge results as they normally do. Goal difference can decise final league placement so anything else would discriminate. Never heard of that rule you quote Windy, is it in the NLS regulations?

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:14 am 

I am a bit confused, I copied this from "Regulations-for-the-NLS-season-2018-19" which I downloaded from the FA web site last June:
Quote:
Prior to the end of Playing Season

5.5.3 (a) In cases where the vacancy is created prior to the end of the Playing Season, the vacancy will be filled by the best ranked Club in a relegation position at the end of the Regular Season, eligible of being reprieved in the same division. In the event of there being more vacancies than Clubs eligible to be reprieved such vacancy or vacancies will be filled by Clubs eligible to be reprieved in the Competition’s other division(s) on a points per match ratio.

(b) Where, during the course of the Playing Season, a Club notifies its decision to resign from its League with immediate effect or where a Club is removed from the League for any other reason, then the playing record of that Club will be expunged and a vacancy is created on the date the resignation or removal is formally recorded by that League.

(c) In all such cases that Club is treated as a relegated Club and the vacancy will be filled in accordance with 5.5.3 (a) above.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:16 am 

el Queso Grande wrote:
I am a bit confused, I copied this from "Regulations-for-the-NLS-season-2018-19" which I downloaded from the FA web site last June:
Quote:

5.5.3 (a) In cases where the vacancy is created prior to the end of the Playing Season, the vacancy will be filled by the best ranked Club in a relegation position at the end of the Regular Season, eligible of being reprieved in the same division. In the event of there being more vacancies than Clubs eligible to be reprieved such vacancy or vacancies will be filled by Clubs eligible to be reprieved in the Competition’s other division(s) on a points per match ratio.

(b) Where, during the course of the Playing Season, a Club notifies its decision to resign from its League with immediate effect or where a Club is removed from the League for any other reason, then the playing record of that Club will be expunged and a vacancy is created on the date the resignation or removal is formally recorded by that League.

(c) In all such cases that Club is treated as a relegated Club and the vacancy will be filled in accordance with 5.5.3 (a) above.

Mind you, I am often confused when it comes to the FA :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:39 am 

el Queso Grande wrote:
Quote:

It also reads the same in the FA Handbook at http://handbook.fapublications.com/#!/b ... ion-issues

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:36 pm 

An article in the Nonleague Paper about North Ferriby United’s demise. Mentions that a former owner is trying to resurrect the defunct club at step 5. Obviously if this happens then only 11 step 6 runners up will be promoted. The rule which allows them to start at step 5:
6.3 (i) If a Club (whether a Members’ Club or a Company) is wound up, liquidated, or is removed from its League or withdraws from football competition (‘the Former Club’), and a new Club (‘the New Club’) is established which wishes to be placed within the NLS, it will be allowed to make an application only to join a League/ division at Step 5 of the NLS unless the Former Club was in either Step 4 or Step 5 when the event which caused it to cease its membership occurred in which case it must re-join the NLS at a minimum of two Steps below the level at which it was at the time the event occurred, or withdrew from football competition, whichever is lower. Where the Former Club was a member of Premier League or EFL then the Committee shall at its absolute discretion determine in which League the New Club shall be placed for the following Playing Season and will set out at its complete discretion the requirements to be met by the New Club.

In order for consideration to be given to the placement in the NLS of the New Club in the following Playing Season, an initial application must be received by the Committee by 1st March or within twenty-one days of the Former Club being wound up, liquidated, resigning or being removed from its League or withdrawing from football competition, if such date is later than 1st March.

The full application accompanied by all necessary documents including evidence of security of tenure having been granted to the New Club and affiliation to a County Football Association must be received by 31st March or within twenty-one days of the Former Club being wound up, liquidated, resigning or being removed from its League or withdrawing from football competition, if such date is later than 1st March. The application shall be copied to the League of which membership is being requested. The application will be determined by the Committee.

In considering any application, the Committee will set out at its sole discretion the requirements to be met by the New Club.

In the event of more than one application being received within twenty-one days of the Former Club being wound up, liquidated, resigning or being removed from its League or withdrawing from football competition, the Committee will consider at its discretion which application will be considered in accordance with this Regulation.

(ii) If a Club is removed from its League and wishes to remain in the NLS it shall apply to the Committee within five working days of it receiving written notification of its removal from its League. The Committee will consider such application and will place the Club in what it considers at its sole discretion to be the most appropriate League/division for the following Playing Season.

6.4 If a Club (whether a Members’ Club or a Company) ceases to be a member of its league and that Club (that is not a New Club as defined at 6.3 above) wishes to be placed within the NLS for the immediately following Playing Season, then unless otherwise determined by the Committee, it may be allowed to make an application to join a League/division below the most recent League/division of which the Club was a member.

In order for consideration to be given to the placement in the NLS by the Club in the immediately following Playing Season, an initial application must be received by the Committee in accordance with the procedures set out at 6.3 above. The application shall be copied to the League of which membership is being requested. The application will be determined by the Committee at its absolute discretion.

In considering any application, the Committee will set out at its sole discretion the requirements to be met by the Club in determining whether to approve the application.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:11 pm 

Heard that Brandon are resigning at the end of the season,anybody confirm this?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next