It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:20 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:25 pm 

Mr T-side wrote:
How exactly does NL2 promotion work now? I know champions go up but what was the second place points per game average deal?

28 clubs from the 19 divisions are required from Step 6. The 19 champion clubs are promoted and the 19 second-placed clubs are ranked in order of points per game – the nine clubs with the best points per game will also be promoted.

Google is great isnt it

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

Here's an up to date table on where teams stand for promotion: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dr ... dbox/Step6 At this moment in time there'll only be one going up from division 2. Still a long way to go yet mind!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:49 pm 

Ive just done some very rough calculations but out of 19 current 2nd placed teams Thornaby are 19th with a PPG average of 2.04

Still lots to play for....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:55 am 

ive just seen this for the first time, and I have to say what a massive crock of sh**
why they cant just stick to the basic points system is beyond me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:15 pm 

It’s going to be difficult for the average fan to understand the promotion situation & all the potential scenarios. If Joe Public turns up assuming their local club’s in with a chance of being promoted. Only to be told that an Hellenic club must lose, an East Midlands club must draw & a United Counties League side has equal ppg, goals & equal bookings. With only 1 possible promotion spot, because the other promotion spots have already been secured. You’ll have people checking twitter pages, wondering what’s happening & where they stand! After the end of the final game you’ll have Joe Public confused, players & club staff standing around wondering if their club’s been promoted or not!

Last edited by Windy1970 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:45 pm 

bertbanger wrote:
ive just seen this for the first time, and I have to say what a massive crock of sh**
why they cant just stick to the basic points system is beyond me
Dave, most of the regulars on here have been saying the same for two years or more and are just as confused. Windy1970 has probably the best understanding of the FA's intentions and even he can't make any predictions or assumptions.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:23 pm 

Thanks very much for the spreadsheet link.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:41 pm 

Mr T-side wrote:
Mr T-side wrote:
How exactly does NL2 promotion work now? I know champions go up but what was the second place points per game average deal?

28 clubs from the 19 divisions are required from Step 6. The 19 champion clubs are promoted and the 19 second-placed clubs are ranked in order of points per game – the nine clubs with the best points per game will also be promoted.

Google is great isnt it

I don’t know how this is going to work as it seems that nobody will be relegated in to the first division. 2 may be promoted out of the 1st division, if only one promoted, then it’s down to 17 teams?
2nd division may have 2 teams promoted in to it, leaving the divisions totally lopsided.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:30 pm 

Google is great isnt it[/quote]

I don’t know how this is going to work as it seems that nobody will be relegated in to the first division. 2 may be promoted out of the 1st division, if only one promoted, then it’s down to 17 teams?
2nd division may have 2 teams promoted in to it, leaving the divisions totally lopsided.[/quote]

Only 1 club will be promoted from each step 5 league(NL1). This will reduce the league down to 17 clubs. At the moment, only the NL2 champions are inline for promotion. This will move NL1 back up to 18 clubs. What happens next is total guesswork & it’s down to the FA’s league committee. If they follow their rules(which is usually the case)then the 2 closest teams from the neighbouring league’s(step 5), will be laterally transferred across. At the moment, those are Knaresbough Town & Harrogate RA(although HRA are in a relegation position).
As for NL2, with no clubs coming down from NL1. Then only 1 club is likely to be relegated & replaced with 2 teams from the 3 feeder leagues(NRL unlikely to promote a club). If the NL2 runners up are promoted, then 1 team will be laterally transferred from a neighbouring league & there’s a possibility that no clubs will be relegated from NL2. But this will be dependent on how many teams are promoted/relegated into those neighbouring step 6 leagues. Because a bottom placed club should be relegated according to FA rules & lateral transfers are part of the way the FA deals with extra promotions/relegations!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:06 pm 

Also some of the leagues at level 10 have 20 teams some have 14 odd the PPG average is really unfair. Total rooster up..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:15 pm 

Mr T-side wrote:
Also some of the leagues at level 10 have 20 teams some have 14 odd the PPG average is really unfair. Total rooster up..

The teams with 14(ie the Hellenic League’s)will have to win a majority of their games to be promoted. They could be well in contention for a promotion spot & lose their last 2 games. That could be enough to swing them, one way or another. Whereas a league with 20 teams have less severe swings. That’s why the NL2 runners up, needs to go on a serious run to get into the promotion places!
Also a competitive league, is less likely to be near the top of the ppg basis.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:29 pm 

The FA are having a meeting on Wednesday & the step 7 applicants list will not be released until after this meeting. The delay is in regards to the new step 6 league being created in the South West Peninsula League & also being discussed is the 25% maximum teams per step 7 league.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:21 pm 

It's another embarrassing debacle at the door of the idiots at the FA.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:08 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
The FA are having a meeting on Wednesday & the step 7 applicants list will not be released until after this meeting. The delay is in regards to the new step 6 league being created in the South West Peninsula League & also being discussed is the 25% maximum teams per step 7 league.

Windy I was involved in the nleague for years from 1986. I know live in north devon and the promotion and relegation down here is a nightmare. The grounds are nowhere to the standard of the wearside league and the travelling is worse the the north. It takes at least two hours from North Devon to get anywhere.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:29 pm 

Braunton wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

Windy I was involved in the nleague for years from 1986. I know live in north devon and the promotion and relegation down here is a nightmare. The grounds are nowhere to the standard of the wearside league and the travelling is worse the the north. It takes at least two hours from North Devon to get anywhere.

I see the F.A. has cocked up with the SWPL’s new step 6. The F.A. inadvertently asked applicants for the new step 6 league(the SWPL being regionalised east/west)to show an expression of interest. Which 46 clubs have done before the 31st December deadline. Unfortunately an expression of interest isn’t applying for the new set up. So the F.A. has had to go back to the 46 clubs & ask them to apply before the end of February. That’s why the applicants list has zero clubs applying from the southwest. I really hope that the F.A. has learnt some lessons from this, because the bigger restructure will happen at the end of next season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next