It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:57 am 

Will obviously be reprieves as well but I still thought more would have been promoted front the feeder league say the top 6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:49 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
Will obviously be reprieves as well but I still thought more would have been promoted front the feeder league say the top 6

windy1970 post on page 62 explained who will be promoted from step 5 to step 4.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:26 am 

Si_kirk wrote:

As many of 6 places will be available to step 7 clubs. 4 spaces to replace the promoted NL2 & 2 places if enough step 7 clubs apply. It will allow the FALC to relegate the NL2 bottom 2. I’m sure if North Cumbria & North Yorkshire clubs are laterally transferred to the NL(Carlisle City & Harrogate RA). Then less places will be offered to feeder league’s.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:38 am 

aidan's father wrote:
I appreciate this is a NL forum, but I wonder what changes we'll see at Step 7 and below what with them being 'more aligned' with the County FA's. Does this mean the Alliance being only Northumberland and the Wearside only being Co.Durham. I would be sad to lose the likes of Rutherford, Redheugh, Whitburn etc from the league. Hebburn couldn't have two teams in the Wearside, so does anybody heard any future plans

Thats a great question.
I am sure the Leagues committee are taking the step 7 allocations this season so what you are saying could happen. The NA will probably have quite a few applications to sift through if past seasons are anything to go by.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:37 pm 

This very thorough article covers the position from Step 1 all the way down to Step 7.
http://thebootifulgame.co.uk/2019/04/22/in-depth-analysis-steps-1-7-promotion-play-offs-relegations-as-it-stands/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:33 pm 

The EBAC NL will not be running the new step 4 league http://www.northernfootballleague.org/n ... -4-league/ I’m sure it’ll end up being run by the NPL. The Isthmian & Southern League’s both run 4 divisions & the NPL currently runs 3.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:42 am 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
I really don't see what the League's gripe is about the far reaching consequences, the geographical coverage of the division and participating clubs will be the same regardless of who is administrating it. And the FA determine club movements anyway! Smacks of sour grapes.

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:55 am 

Terrierdave wrote:
I really don't see what the League's gripe is about the far reaching consequences, the geographical coverage of the division and participating clubs will be the same regardless of who is administrating it. And the FA determine club movements anyway! Smacks of sour grapes.

Mike amos’s latest blog post is sure sour grapes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:56 pm 

I may have missed this and have not read alot of comments in this thread. But looking ad clubs to be relegated from NPL East (Step 4)

Second bottom is Carlton Town, approx 25 miles West of Northallerton and a little further south (in the grand scheme of things).

Has anyone thought these may be moved into the Northern League upon relegation (if relegated)?

Food for thought..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:23 pm 

apgibson wrote:
I may have missed this and have not read alot of comments in this thread. But looking ad clubs to be relegated from NPL East (Step 4)

Second bottom is Carlton Town, approx 25 miles West of Northallerton and a little further south (in the grand scheme of things).

Has anyone thought these may be moved into the Northern League upon relegation (if relegated)?

Food for thought..

They are Carlton Town next to Nottingham & not the Carlton from near Leeds. As for them being relegated, only the bottom club will be relegated. Because AFC Mansfield have failed the ground grading inspection & will be placed in bottom position & demoted. As it stands only Gresley will be relegated.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:32 pm 

apgibson wrote:

Food for thought..

Carlton is near Nottingham, so probably 100 south of Northallerton (unless there is two )

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:55 pm 

Sure its carlton near nottingham. Cant see teams from that area been in the league after next seaaon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67