It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:35 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:19 pm 

I think it's brilliant for local football that more Northern League teams are going higher up the pyramid. Though I fear for the Northern League itself. There are not too many teams with the facilities, budget and standard of players etc to go up.

In the North Riding Premier League we have two teams with the facilities to go up but are not yet ready from a playing point of view.

I can sadly see the Northern League shrinking significantly over the coming years

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:01 pm 

Kosh wrote:
I think it's brilliant for local football that more Northern League teams are going higher up the pyramid. Though I fear for the Northern League itself. There are not too many teams with the facilities, budget and standard of players etc to go up.

In the North Riding Premier League we have two teams with the facilities to go up but are not yet ready from a playing point of view.

I can sadly see the Northern League shrinking significantly over the coming years

I agree with you in terms of seeing the northern league shrinking over the coming years. The issue will come in a few years time when the teams going up to division 2, do not match those of teams disappearing into division 1.

That being said, there are many teams in the Northern League this season who have the facilities, budget and standard of players to go up. Pick anyone from the top 10 at least, and they would be competitive... The Northern League has, and will remain such for a few years at least, been always inflated in terms of ability. Any of at least the top 10 would be competitive in the evo stick.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:54 pm 

The FA are expanding the Northern League boundaries & it’ll be interesting to see new blood from North Yorkshire in the league. The Nonleague Paper has released the article online https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... tructuring At step 6, the Leeds, Bradford, Halifax & Huddersfield area has moved from the NCEL to non-defined. I believe this means that clubs from that area can be placed in either the NWCL, NCEL or NCEL dependant on the distribution of clubs in any one season.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:48 am 

Windy, does this mean that next season , 2019/20, the top 4 form Div 2 will be promoted , as that's how I read it ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:07 am 

Wack wrote:
Windy, does this mean that next season , 2019/20, the top 4 form Div 2 will be promoted , as that's how I read it ?

Yes and the top 3 from Division 1 will be automatically promoted to the Evo Stik 1st Div.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:46 am 

Micky the Rodent wrote:
Wack wrote:

Yes and the top 3 from Division 1 will be automatically promoted to the Evo Stik 1st Div.

I don’t like the situation at the bottom of step 5. The bottom placed clubs in each of the step 5 will be relegated(apart from the 2 highest ppg basis clubs). Why they couldn’t have offered 2 more places to the best 5th placed sides at step 6.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:07 pm 

With 4 teams being promoted from step 6 & potentially 2 relegated. It allows between 4-6 step 7 clubs to be promoted.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:48 pm 

so the 20-21 season could see Northallerton or Guisborough in the NECL.
If NL1 runs at 20 teams next season with 3 getting promoted from NL 1 and the bottom team not getting relegated with 4 coming up from NL2 would make a division of 21 teams. More ifs and buts and guess work but could happen.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:50 pm 

I appreciate this is a NL forum, but I wonder what changes we'll see at Step 7 and below what with them being 'more aligned' with the County FA's. Does this mean the Alliance being only Northumberland and the Wearside only being Co.Durham. I would be sad to lose the likes of Rutherford, Redheugh, Whitburn etc from the league. Hebburn couldn't have two teams in the Wearside, so does anybody heard any future plans

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:33 am 

Disillusioned wrote:
If NL1 runs at 20 teams next season with 3 getting promoted from NL 1 and the bottom team not getting relegated with 4 coming up from NL2 would make a division of 21 teams. More ifs and buts and guess work but could happen.

The maximum number of clubs per league will be 20. If Penrith ends up bottom of the NL1 next season & are relegated & they are placed into NL2. Then the footprint of NL1 could be significantly smaller than NL2. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that NL2 could include Carlisle City, Penrith & Harrogate RA. With NL1 stretching down a the A1 corridor, from Ashington to Guisborough or Northallerton.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:08 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Disillusioned wrote:

The maximum number of clubs per league will be 20. If Penrith ends up bottom of the NL1 next season & are relegated & they are placed into NL2. Then the footprint of NL1 could be significantly smaller than NL2. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that NL2 could include Carlisle City, Penrith & Harrogate RA. With NL1 stretching down a the A1 corridor, from Ashington to Guisborough or Northallerton.

There is no guarantee that any club will be relegated from nl 1 next season and as we imagine nl 1 will run with 20 teams next season it would mean 1 nl 1 club would have to be laterally moved

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:52 pm 

Another thought is have Marske passed the grading criteria? Will they end back in the ENL if not?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:36 pm 

Disillusioned wrote:
Another thought is have Marske passed the grading criteria? Will they end back in the ENL if not?

As the deadline was 31st of march surely they would have said by now if they had failed like fellow league members afc mansfield

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:22 am 

I'm getting confused. A new Step 4 League is to be created from 2020/21 with 20 teams in it. Recent comment on this site states that 3 teams from NL1 will be promoted at the end of next season. Where are the other 17 teams coming from, presumably some from NCEL, but could teams from outside the NL and NCEL also be invited to join

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:28 am 

yakka1 wrote:
I'm getting confused. A new Step 4 League is to be created from 2020/21 with 20 teams in it. Recent comment on this site states that 3 teams from NL1 will be promoted at the end of next season. Where are the other 17 teams coming from, presumably some from NCEL, but could teams from outside the NL and NCEL also be invited to join

3 from ne counties and those already in unibond east.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next