It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:35 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:58 am
Posts: 41
I think it's brilliant for local football that more Northern League teams are going higher up the pyramid. Though I fear for the Northern League itself. There are not too many teams with the facilities, budget and standard of players etc to go up.

In the North Riding Premier League we have two teams with the facilities to go up but are not yet ready from a playing point of view.

I can sadly see the Northern League shrinking significantly over the coming years


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:45 pm
Posts: 12
Kosh wrote:
I think it's brilliant for local football that more Northern League teams are going higher up the pyramid. Though I fear for the Northern League itself. There are not too many teams with the facilities, budget and standard of players etc to go up.

In the North Riding Premier League we have two teams with the facilities to go up but are not yet ready from a playing point of view.

I can sadly see the Northern League shrinking significantly over the coming years


I agree with you in terms of seeing the northern league shrinking over the coming years. The issue will come in a few years time when the teams going up to division 2, do not match those of teams disappearing into division 1.

That being said, there are many teams in the Northern League this season who have the facilities, budget and standard of players to go up. Pick anyone from the top 10 at least, and they would be competitive... The Northern League has, and will remain such for a few years at least, been always inflated in terms of ability. Any of at least the top 10 would be competitive in the evo stick.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 277
The FA are expanding the Northern League boundaries & it’ll be interesting to see new blood from North Yorkshire in the league. The Nonleague Paper has released the article online https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... tructuring At step 6, the Leeds, Bradford, Halifax & Huddersfield area has moved from the NCEL to non-defined. I believe this means that clubs from that area can be placed in either the NWCL, NCEL or NCEL dependant on the distribution of clubs in any one season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 892
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
Windy, does this mean that next season , 2019/20, the top 4 form Div 2 will be promoted , as that's how I read it ?

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:42 pm
Posts: 47
Location: Nibbling cheese
Wack wrote:
Windy, does this mean that next season , 2019/20, the top 4 form Div 2 will be promoted , as that's how I read it ?


Yes and the top 3 from Division 1 will be automatically promoted to the Evo Stik 1st Div.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 277
Micky the Rodent wrote:
Wack wrote:
Windy, does this mean that next season , 2019/20, the top 4 form Div 2 will be promoted , as that's how I read it ?


Yes and the top 3 from Division 1 will be automatically promoted to the Evo Stik 1st Div.

I don’t like the situation at the bottom of step 5. The bottom placed clubs in each of the step 5 will be relegated(apart from the 2 highest ppg basis clubs). Why they couldn’t have offered 2 more places to the best 5th placed sides at step 6.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 277
With 4 teams being promoted from step 6 & potentially 2 relegated. It allows between 4-6 step 7 clubs to be promoted.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:33 am
Posts: 16
so the 20-21 season could see Northallerton or Guisborough in the NECL.
If NL1 runs at 20 teams next season with 3 getting promoted from NL 1 and the bottom team not getting relegated with 4 coming up from NL2 would make a division of 21 teams. More ifs and buts and guess work but could happen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:45 pm
Posts: 5
I appreciate this is a NL forum, but I wonder what changes we'll see at Step 7 and below what with them being 'more aligned' with the County FA's. Does this mean the Alliance being only Northumberland and the Wearside only being Co.Durham. I would be sad to lose the likes of Rutherford, Redheugh, Whitburn etc from the league. Hebburn couldn't have two teams in the Wearside, so does anybody heard any future plans


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 277
Disillusioned wrote:
so the 20-21 season could see Northallerton or Guisborough in the NECL.
If NL1 runs at 20 teams next season with 3 getting promoted from NL 1 and the bottom team not getting relegated with 4 coming up from NL2 would make a division of 21 teams. More ifs and buts and guess work but could happen.

The maximum number of clubs per league will be 20. If Penrith ends up bottom of the NL1 next season & are relegated & they are placed into NL2. Then the footprint of NL1 could be significantly smaller than NL2. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that NL2 could include Carlisle City, Penrith & Harrogate RA. With NL1 stretching down a the A1 corridor, from Ashington to Guisborough or Northallerton.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:33 am
Posts: 16
Windy1970 wrote:
Disillusioned wrote:
so the 20-21 season could see Northallerton or Guisborough in the NECL.
If NL1 runs at 20 teams next season with 3 getting promoted from NL 1 and the bottom team not getting relegated with 4 coming up from NL2 would make a division of 21 teams. More ifs and buts and guess work but could happen.

The maximum number of clubs per league will be 20. If Penrith ends up bottom of the NL1 next season & are relegated & they are placed into NL2. Then the footprint of NL1 could be significantly smaller than NL2. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that NL2 could include Carlisle City, Penrith & Harrogate RA. With NL1 stretching down a the A1 corridor, from Ashington to Guisborough or Northallerton.


There is no guarantee that any club will be relegated from nl 1 next season and as we imagine nl 1 will run with 20 teams next season it would mean 1 nl 1 club would have to be laterally moved


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:33 am
Posts: 16
Another thought is have Marske passed the grading criteria? Will they end back in the ENL if not?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm
Posts: 227
Disillusioned wrote:
Another thought is have Marske passed the grading criteria? Will they end back in the ENL if not?

As the deadline was 31st of march surely they would have said by now if they had failed like fellow league members afc mansfield


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:10 am
Posts: 25
I'm getting confused. A new Step 4 League is to be created from 2020/21 with 20 teams in it. Recent comment on this site states that 3 teams from NL1 will be promoted at the end of next season. Where are the other 17 teams coming from, presumably some from NCEL, but could teams from outside the NL and NCEL also be invited to join


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:38 pm
Posts: 211
yakka1 wrote:
I'm getting confused. A new Step 4 League is to be created from 2020/21 with 20 teams in it. Recent comment on this site states that 3 teams from NL1 will be promoted at the end of next season. Where are the other 17 teams coming from, presumably some from NCEL, but could teams from outside the NL and NCEL also be invited to join

3 from ne counties and those already in unibond east.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group