It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:46 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:48 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Micky the Rodent wrote:
Direct question to Windy:

Next season what do you envisage likely promotion criteria to be from the Northern League Division 1?

Top 3(it actually states this in the Nonleague Paper).

Great stuff, come on you two blues!

I asked as I was lead to believe there would be the winners up automatically and then some kind of inter league playoffs for the runners up. Was this the initial plan?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:10 pm 

Micky the Rodent wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Micky the Rodent wrote:
Direct question to Windy:

Next season what do you envisage likely promotion criteria to be from the Northern League Division 1?

Top 3(it actually states this in the Nonleague Paper).

Great stuff, come on you two blues!

I asked as I was lead to believe there would be the winners up automatically and then some kind of inter league playoffs for the runners up. Was this the initial plan?

I don’t know tbh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:44 am 

I can see a few clubs spending big next year for promotion if 3 spots are up for grabs. Probably the best shot for a while for some clubs. Hebburn, Consett, Stockton, all clubs with genuine ambition, Shildon, West Auckland, North Shields and Whitley Bay all clubs with good support and the means to go for promotion.
Pick three from that lot and you can't go wrong.
I did consider the longest serving club in the history of the second oldest football league in the world but they will be distracted by their centenary year celebrations and likely looking forward to the next 100yrs in the Northern League.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:17 am 

They'd be pleased as punch to finish 3rd and be promoted. No matter what it took.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:56 am 

Mr Pip wrote:
They'd be pleased as punch to finish 3rd and be promoted. No matter what it took.

Certainly would Mr Pip, and NOT be dragged up kicking and screaming like Marske were :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:06 am 

Hebburn and shildon have outlined promotion ambitions as well as bishop but do the rest really want it? I know west auckland have been very much against it. There task will be simple next season, if they are in the top 3 near end of season, rest key players to loose games

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:59 am 

I wonder how many clubs will want to race to the bottom. Whitley Bay never seem keen to go back up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:20 pm 

Said a couple of years ago that after about five years the whole dynamics of our local football scene will change, the Evo-Stick east division will become very appealing for most clubs in the North league, pretty much every other week there’s probably a local team involved against another local team, yes there will be the odd long distance away trip, but on the great scale of things, next to nothing, I’ll use Morpeth as example, look at their attendances this season, very very encouraging, well done Morpeth (that’s coming from a Shields Supporter haha), like I said the week regarding Dunston, embrace this wonderful adventure, you’ll enjoy it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:29 pm 

Lovenonleague wrote:
Said a couple of years ago that after about five years the whole dynamics of our local football scene will change, the Evo-Stick east division will become very appealing for most clubs in the North league, pretty much every other week there’s probably a local team involved against another local team, yes there will be the odd long distance away trip, but on the great scale of things, next to nothing, I’ll use Morpeth as example, look at their attendances this season, very very encouraging, well done Morpeth (that’s coming from a Shields Supporter haha), like I said the week regarding Dunston, embrace this wonderful adventure, you’ll enjoy it.

I seem to remember a rumour that Morpeth were going to challenge enforced promotion, now look at them. Saw some pictures of their ground last night, also much improved.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:15 pm 

I remember going to Morpeth not that long ago in ENL2 and remarking that CLS supporters made up most of the crowd. Great to see how far Morpeth have come now and happy that they embraced the evo 1 and won at a canter. Will be interesting next season if S Shields miss out on promotion ( hope they get it) with the games between the two and the animosity that still rankles with Morpeth. Finally great job done by Ken Beattie, Nicky Gray and everyone involved up at Craik Park.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:37 pm 

aidan's father wrote:
I wonder how many clubs will want to race to the bottom. Whitley Bay never seem keen to go back up.

think most teams will want to go up the traveling is only going to get less as each year the top team goes up

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:14 pm 

Sounds crazy but fans and those running clubs have even said gates would decrease as a result of getting promoted and loosing local derbys. Really! Dont recall this happening

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:14 pm 

2009vasewinner wrote:
aidan's father wrote:

think most teams will want to go up the traveling is only going to get less as each year the top team goes up

Sure will. Imagine if the enforced promotion had come in 30 year ago or even during the last decade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:42 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
Sounds crazy but fans and those running clubs have even said gates would decrease as a result of getting promoted and loosing local derbys. Really! Dont recall this happening

Well those people have egg on their faces now, but they wont admit it 8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:28 pm 

Micky the Rodent wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

Well those people have egg on their faces now, but they wont admit it 8)

Unfortunately some of the above i mentioned are still in the Northern league and will secretly be hopeing a club thats been promoted does struggle and they can say i told you so. The way mike amis talks on his blog as though the league will be destroyed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next