It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:53 am 

Heshootshescores wrote:
JayT wrote:
I hope we do at some point in the future go back to three sides being promoted but that's just my personal preference, which I'd imagine is the same as most players, staff and supporters would like.

All the way through the non league system only the champions are promoted automatically, with a play off for the remaining places. Would be great to see play offs introduced into the northern league as an alternative to 3 promoted sides, again in my opinion.

I think the most frustrating part for most people has been the unknown element to promotion and relegation, which has become a bit unclear with sides resigning (albeit it seems to be fairly straight forward from the FA rules).

Playoffs are great jay but the sticking point with this level is the weather. Championship through to the conference level yes but when you get seasons as bad as the northern league have recently in seasons gone by weather wise you simply can't fit the games in. This year has been an exception.

I think in time the FA will want everybody (leagues) to sing from the same hymn sheet, wether people love them or hate them, playoffs will come, probably sooner than later, I’ve always been a fan of playoffs, probably more to do that I’ve been a neutral, now I’m looking at my own club being involved in the playoffs in three weeks from now, if the league ended today we’d play Gainsborough and be a massive 21 points ahead, but as history has shown anything can happen on the day.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:54 am 

Heshootshescores wrote:
JayT wrote:
I hope we do at some point in the future go back to three sides being promoted but that's just my personal preference, which I'd imagine is the same as most players, staff and supporters would like.

All the way through the non league system only the champions are promoted automatically, with a play off for the remaining places. Would be great to see play offs introduced into the northern league as an alternative to 3 promoted sides, again in my opinion.

I think the most frustrating part for most people has been the unknown element to promotion and relegation, which has become a bit unclear with sides resigning (albeit it seems to be fairly straight forward from the FA rules).

Playoffs are great jay but the sticking point with this level is the weather. Championship through to the conference level yes but when you get seasons as bad as the northern league have recently in seasons gone by weather wise you simply can't fit the games in. This year has been an exception.

I think in time the FA will want everybody (leagues) to sing from the same hymn sheet, wether people love them or hate them, playoffs will come, probably sooner than later, I’ve always been a fan of playoffs, probably more to do that I’ve been a neutral, now I’m looking at my own club being involved in the playoffs in three weeks from now, if the league ended today we’d play Gainsborough and be a massive 21 points ahead, but as history has shown anything can happen on the day.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:35 pm 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
Windy1970 wrote:
For now the only changes for next season are between step 4 & 5.
With effect from the commencement of the 2019/20 season, the following will apply:
In addition, a series of Play Off Matches shall be played between the Clubs finishing in second position in each of the Leagues at Step 5 at the end of the Regular Season. The ties shall be decided by the Association pairing Clubs on the most suitable geographical basis. These matches shall be played on a single match basis on the ground of the Club with the best points per match ratio in the Regular Season. The winners of each of these seven matches shall play a final Play Off Match against one of the Clubs finishing third from bottom of each Step 4 division at the end of the Regular Season, such matches to be decided by the Association so that each Step 4 Club plays a Step 5 Club; such matches to be on a single match basis on the home ground of the Step 4 Club on cup tie terms with no percentage being paid to any Competition. The seven winners shall play at Step 4 in the following season.
I’m sure there’ll be more changes when the FA releases the details of the restructure(end of May/start of June)

Typically, complete gobbledygook

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:26 pm 

Lovenonleague wrote:
Heshootshescores wrote:
JayT wrote:

I’m not sure if the Italian League playoffs, still use the 10 points requirement(you can only enter the playoffs if you are 10 points or less away from highest placed playoff team). But I think that is a fair requisite to enter any playoff. 21 points behind is a joke & Gainsborough don’t deserve to be promoted.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:35 pm 

Terrierdave wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
For now the only changes for next season are between step 4 & 5.
With effect from the commencement of the 2019/20 season, the following will apply:
In addition, a series of Play Off Matches shall be played between the Clubs finishing in second position in each of the Leagues at Step 5 at the end of the Regular Season. The ties shall be decided by the Association pairing Clubs on the most suitable geographical basis. These matches shall be played on a single match basis on the ground of the Club with the best points per match ratio in the Regular Season. The winners of each of these seven matches shall play a final Play Off Match against one of the Clubs finishing third from bottom of each Step 4 division at the end of the Regular Season, such matches to be decided by the Association so that each Step 4 Club plays a Step 5 Club; such matches to be on a single match basis on the home ground of the Step 4 Club on cup tie terms with no percentage being paid to any Competition. The seven winners shall play at Step 4 in the following season.
I’m sure there’ll be more changes when the FA releases the details of the restructure(end of May/start of June)

Typically, complete gobbledygook

I think it’s quite easy to understand. From next season, all step 5 runners up will have an inter-league playoff against a neighbouring step 5 league runners up(NL1 v NCEL Prem for instance). The winner would then play the step 4 3rd bottom placed side(NPL1E v NL1 for instance). The winner would either retain its step 4 place or a club will be promoted from step 5.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 pm 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
No, it's overly complicated, and little surprise that so many remain unaware or not-understanding what is happening

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:48 pm 

Terrierdave wrote:
No, it's overly complicated, and little surprise that so many remain unaware or not-understanding what is happening

Step 5 teams asked for an extra promotion spot. The Step 4 leagues refused & a compromise was the playoffs that have been agreed. You might think it complicated, personally I don’t. If it happened this season & the clubs finished where they are now. We might see Penistone Church v Hebburn Town in the semifinals. With the final between Spalding Utd v Penistone Church/Hebburn Town.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:48 pm 

I've given up on this discussion... Long winded and draconian. The rules that is...

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:42 am 

The FA has had an interview with the Nonleague Paper & an explanation on the promotions/relegations for the end of next season. Plus a few maps showing the changes.
Step 1: stays the same.
Step 2: only difference is 2 relegations from each league.
Step 3: champions promoted & 4 playoff winners. 2 bottom placed clubs relegated from each league, plus a further 2 3rd bottom placed clubs on a ppg basis.
Step 4: 2 promotions per league(x1 automatic & x1 via playoffs). 7 bottom placed clubs will face a one game playoff against step 5 clubs.
Step 5: 14 champions plus the top 3 in the NWCL, NL & NCEL will be promoted. Followed by 4 runners up on a ppg in the remaining leagues. The remaining 7 runners up will face a playoff against the bottom placed step 4 clubs.
Step 6: the SWPL will promote 2 clubs from its 2 leagues. The remaining 18 leagues will promote the top 4. The bottom 2 clubs are liable for relegation.
Step 7: Usual promotion. Ability to take more than 1 club per league if geographically necessary.
Looking at the maps on pages 24/25 I’ll do my best to explain the changes. The maps only show core areas & leaves it open for movements.
Step 5: The NL looks about the same, the NCEL is ending below the M180, NWCL loses Staffs, New Midlands League Covers Staffs, Derbys, Notts & Leics. UCL expands into the ECL area, ECL looks slightly smaller in area, MFL is West Midlands only, HL is an area from Oxford-Bristol-Herefordshire, WstL loses its northern tip & gains Dorset, WsxL looks smaller, SSML expands in a westerly direction, ESL loses clubs from the north to the ECL, new league covering west London & North Hampshire, CCL pushes southwards & takes a bit off the Northern part of SCL & the SCEL looks slightly smaller.
Step 6 Map:
NL stretches down to include North Yorks, NCEL looks about the same as now(minus North York’s), NWCLN loses Cumbria/Eastern side to undefined, NWCL1S takes Staffs/Shrops, the MFL is the Southern halves of the MFL1/WMRL, UCL expands into the EMCL area & loses its southern part, SSML moves northwards & loses North London, ECL1S/N looks about the same, as does the SCEL, SCL takes south London, CCL moves North & takes a bit of the HL1E, WsxL takes a bit of the CCL, HL starts at Oxford takes Herefordshire & south Worcs, WstL loses it’s northeastern area to the HL & goes down as far as the 2 SWPL’s.
So it looks like the end of 1 HL, WMRL & EMCL. But each current league can apply to run any of leagues.
If any clubs resign or fold after the allocations have released, then that league will run 1 club short(no reshuffles). E Grade re-introduced, but more of a 1 season stepping stone to allow promoted clubs 2 seasons to achieve the D grade at step 4.

Last edited by Windy1970 on Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:36 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
Step 5: 14 champions plus the top 3 in the NWCL, NL & NCEL will be promoted. Followed by 4 runners up on a ppg in the remaining leagues. The remaining 7 runners up will face a playoff against the bottom placed step 4 clubs.
I can't make the sums work, might be due to it being Sunday morning.
Is it champions from NWCL, NL & NCEL plus the next three or the top three including the champions?
How many teams will be promoted in total?
Is it 14 + 9 +4 = 27
or 11 +6 + 4 = 21 which means three clubs to each Step 4 league
or 14 + 6 + 4 =28 which means four clubs to each Step 4 league.

I think :?

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:23 am 

there are 4 extra teams at level 2 so they will need 24 teams so 3 from N L ,NWC AND NEC plus winners of 11 other leagues. the best 4 runners up on p p g will be also promoted. the other 7 will play off against the bottom 7 teams at leval 4 so the maximum promoted from northern league will be 3 teams.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:45 am 

el Queso Grande wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
I can't make the sums work, might be due to it being Sunday morning.
Is it champions from NWCL, NL & NCEL plus the next three or the top three including the champions?
How many teams will be promoted in total?
Is it 14 + 9 +4 = 27
or 11 +6 + 4 = 21 which means three clubs to each Step 4 league
or 14 + 6 + 4 =28 which means four clubs to each Step 4 league.

I think :?

The top 3 only from those 3 leagues mentioned ‘9’. Plus all other league winners ‘11’. Plus ‘4’ runners up on a ppg basis from the remaining 11 leagues. That’s 24 clubs in total. The remaining 7 runners up will playoff against the 7 bottom placed clubs at step 4. So no extra clubs will be promoted(only a 1 off playoff game held at the step 4 league clubs ground).
From the look of it, the idea that 8-10 clubs promoted from the NL. Has been spread between the 3 northern placed leagues. The NPL1E will go down as far as the M18/M180.

Last edited by Windy1970 on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:48 am 

2009vasewinner wrote:
there are 4 extra teams at level 2 so they will need 24 teams so 3 from N L ,NWC AND NEC plus winners of 11 other leagues. the best 4 runners up on p p g will be also promoted. the other 7 will play off against the bottom 7 teams at leval 4 so the maximum promoted from northern league will be 3 teams.

With 4 teams being promoted from the NL2. This will mean that 1 club will definitely be laterally transferred out of the NL1 at the end of next season.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:27 am 
Site Admin

Windy, when you say step 5 will be the Champions, plus the top 3, do you mean the teams in 2nd and 3rd, or the next 3 teams as in 2nd, 3rd and 4th?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:34 am 

Neil M wrote:
Windy, when you say step 5 will be the Champions, plus the top 3, do you mean the teams in 2nd and 3rd, or the next 3 teams as in 2nd, 3rd and 4th?

The top 3 inclusive of the champions. Sorry if it wasn’t clear.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 68  Next