It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 9:52 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:24 am 

bigcbeat wrote:
There was a slight mention at the recent workshop from the LMC in that they will be pressing very hard to have the NL back up to 40 clubs next season. How that comes about is anyone's guess. Whether it will be lateral movement or more up from feeder leagues will be down to the powers that be.

The unfortunate thing for Durham Utd, is the fact that the FA’s rules state that teams outside the pyramid(steps 1-7). Can only be promoted after the ‘normal relegation & promotion processes’ have been completed. I’m not sure whether the FA can relegate a club from step 6 & replace them with a team outside the pyramid. The rules state that the bottom club will be relegated. The issue isn’t at step 6 though, the problem is at step 5. The NL1 champions will be promoted & replaced by the NL2 champions. If no NL1 clubs are relegated then the NL1 will still be 2 clubs short. Currently the NL2 runners up will not be promoted(missing out on the PPG basis across step 6). Carlisle City currently are in-line for promotion from the NWCL1N & will almost certainly be laterally transferred to the NL1. Meaning that there’s a club short in NL1. So as I see it NL2 won’t be short of clubs & because the FA have taken control of allocations, the NL just can’t promote enough clubs to fill the NL1 & then could’ve had 2 feeder league clubs & Durham Utd to fill the gaps in NL2. That’s why I think Knaresborough will after 100 years break, be laterally transferred into the NL1.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:10 pm 

The EBAC NL will apply to run the new step 4 league http://www.northernfootballleague.org/n ... plication/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:31 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
The EBAC NL will apply to run the new step 4 league http://www.northernfootballleague.org/n ... plication/

Wonder what area it will cover: berwick to sheffield? With a few moveing up from the northern league. Would presume the fa would have final say on league area and how many teams got promoted into it

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:52 am 

Windy1970 wrote:

but will be a major surprise if the don't let the northern premier league run it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:12 am 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
They can apply all they want, but given all the other Step 4 leagues are run by the NPL/IPL/SPL, there is no chance the NL will get their way

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:19 am 

Terrierdave wrote:
They can apply all they want, but given all the other Step 4 leagues are run by the NPL/IPL/SPL, there is no chance the NL will get their way
I fear that there might be no Northern League division at Step 6 before much longer, never mind running a Step 4 division. The FA seem determined to demean the league and it's clubs.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:23 am 

Si_kirk wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

Wonder what area it will cover: berwick to sheffield? With a few moveing up from the northern league. Would presume the fa would have final say on league area and how many teams got promoted into it

The FA will need to find 20 extra clubs(34 in total, including the usual 14 champions). I see the FA promoting the top 2 from each step 5 league(28 clubs)& then promoting the extra 6 clubs from the NL1. So that’ll be 8 teams being promoted from the NL1. That’s just me speculating & it could be a mixture of what I think they’ll do & a few reprieves from the clubs finish 2nd bottom of the step 4 leagues.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:53 am 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
el Queso Grande wrote:
Terrierdave wrote:
I fear that there might be no Northern League division at Step 6 before much longer, never mind running a Step 4 division. The FA seem determined to demean the league and it's clubs.

What do you base that claim on Keith?

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:07 am 

This I posted on the Mike Amos blog thread. I think one of the feeder leagues could easily go when the ENL "raids" them for clubs at the end of next season

With the obligation for our champion club to take promotion and with the second place club probably getting promoted as well this will make the ENL weaker and weaker but this is what has happened to step 5 leagues all over the country and is their argument as to why the Northern league has been so strong in the vase - a debatable point. However the new step 4 league for the NE, Yorkshire etc corridor will make the league very weak in one fell swoop. We will lose 5 or 6 teams to this new league so 5 or 6 teams will be needed from the feeder leagues making them very much weaker as well. With the fact that local football is dying underneath the "pyramid" leagues, a discussion that has been had on here many times, then this could result in the demise of one of the feeders to ENL 2 as there will be a lack of clubs able to compete at that level. The alliance looks strong with its 3 well subscribed leagues but the other two feeders look weak in comparison with a few reserve teams propping up the Wearside which are always the first to go if finances wane. I can only see problems for the north east non league scene ahead, I hope I am wrong

p.s. interesting what the FA will do over ground gradings when the re-shuffle takes place at the end of next season

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:10 am 

Terrierdave wrote:
el Queso Grande wrote:
Terrierdave wrote:

What do you base that claim on Keith?
Just simple maths, David, based on Windy's predictions and also my habitual practice of being a doom-monger. More promotions from the NL to Step 4 than there will be promotions from Step 7 to NL 2 unless ground grading is seriously relaxed, plus, it's common knowledge that some clubs are struggling to survive so there could be several which fold, leaving a few less than 30 to fill two divisions. Not often that I'm right, mind :twisted:

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:21 pm 
Site Admin

Don't understand Mike Amos. He spent 20 years complaining that promotion to Step 4 was too difficult for NL clubs due to the huge increase in travel and costs. The FA create a new Step 4 league that will drastically reduce the travel for teams going up from NL1 and he's still not happy :roll:

Personally I don't support a league, I support a club. If this makes promotion easier through the leagues then I'm all for it and don't see what the issue is.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:49 pm 

What on earth is mike talking about, cant win with some folk. He campaigned for years for a tweed to humber league which is what we will probably end up with more a less and if the northern league never lost say the top 6 to help fill this new league he wanted it would not cover his prefered boundaries. Whilst the league will be shorter in the short term surely teams will get relegated eventually. They have been no relegations from promoted teams simply because there have been so few promoted teams

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:34 pm 

The new league is obviously a step forward for ambitious clubs and a reduction in travelling at that step. I just worry for the whole non league football scene in the NE as those that move upwards will not be replaced further down the structure because the bottom has fallen out of competitive Saturday afternoon football in the NE.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:36 pm 

I don't see the point of having the North Riding League and the Wearside League in this area. Surely if clubs are cherry picked with the correct facilities for step 6 ( Stokesley for example) then make just one step 7 league that would work.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:02 pm 

Wack wrote:
I don't see the point of having the North Riding League and the Wearside League in this area. Surely if clubs are cherry picked with the correct facilities for step 6 ( Stokesley for example) then make just one step 7 league that would work.

That makes a lot of sense to me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next