It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:46 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Agathe leaves Durham City
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:23 pm 

Nigel-Reo-Coker wrote:
TUDGUY wrote:
If Mr Bernard has anything about him he should walk and sever all ties with the club , and transfer ownership and running of the club to current board members , to give the club any chance of a new owner and survive before it’s to late .

You've nailed it for me, he has to take responsibility and do the right thing. Issue is who would take it over now? its just a name, with no assets and a lot of debt.

What Debt?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:56 pm 

That club is like a bad dream now. Does anybody have a clue about it. Hammerings week in week out. Beyond farcical.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:18 am 

Heshootshescores wrote:
That club is like a bad dream now. Does anybody have a clue about it. Hammerings week in week out. Beyond farcical.

Whos actually manager?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:52 pm 

Hasn't their reserve team resigned already from the Wearside League...or am I mistaken ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:55 pm 

Sir Rodney Effing wrote:
Hasn't their reserve team resigned already from the Wearside League...or am I mistaken ?

Aye they are gone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:47 am 

Sir Rodney Effing wrote:

And an academy planned to play at Stokesley which was planned and never even got off the ground.
Walk before you can run comes to mind, do these people not realize the most important part of having a successful buisness, ie "THE CLUB" is getting the most important thing right first, ie "THE FIRST TEAM" results, a structure, a base......

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:05 pm 

Still Learning. wrote:
Sir Rodney Effing wrote:

And an academy planned to play at Stokesley which was planned and never even got off the ground.
Walk before you can run comes to mind, do these people not realize the most important part of having a successful buisness, ie "THE CLUB" is getting the most important thing right first, ie "THE FIRST TEAM" results, a structure, a base......

Tbf they tried something a bit different and the Covid situation but the nail in the coffin to the academy getting off the ground. Looks from the outside the DoF was the idea behind this and getting it up and running which was the main reason Agathe came but alas it hasn't worked.

I agree with what you say, i think its a good idea to scrap reserves/academy ideas for the short-medium term. Put all energies into getting a home as close to Durham City as possible and appoint a manager with a shed load of contacts and knows the league well if the team has zero/limited budget. Focus on slow and gradual progress both on and off the pitch. Sponsors and fans will return if they can see some stability and hope.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:25 pm 

Still Learning. wrote:
Sir Rodney Effing wrote:

Why stokesley, few mile away, cant see the connection at all

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:58 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:
Sir Rodney Effing wrote:

Why stokesley, few mile away, cant see the connection at all

Pass.
Ive no idea, didnt make sense to me either.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:58 pm 

Why stokesley, few mile away, cant see the connection at all[/quote]

Pass.
Ive no idea, didnt make sense to me either.[/quote]
Nowt makes sense there anymore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:49 pm 

And so it continues. Hammered 9-0 off easington. WTF.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:06 pm 

Heshootshescores wrote:
And so it continues. Hammered 9-0 off easington. WTF.

I was at the game it seriously should have been 20...

Even before the sending off they looked un-organized, positionally inept, with what looked like no game plan or leadership whatsoever.

Now I know 2 different people, both good experienced Northern league people who know the league inside out who have offered their services. One didnt even get a message back the other was told they feel at the moment they dont need anyone ????

WTF indeed !!!! :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:23 am 

I would imagine it will be the owner putting the block on any incoming manager. I also know of one who would jump at the chance . He applied last year and though he had it but was eventually overlooked in favour of an injured player. Getting serious now so maybe his application will be re-visited as I know for sure he would still be interested . Has good connections an knows the local game inside out so could only be good for Durham

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:40 am 

I've seen a couple of names mentioned but why would any sensible person want the job?
Unless someone is taking their own budget /sponsor along with them then it's a thankless task.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:59 am 

Would this job not be suitable for some young up and coming manager to cut his teeth or maybe a senior player looking for a player manager role. Better than some continental guy who knows nowt about the northern league, once the glamour fades from a big name appointment its all down to results which durham aint got