It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:12 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: 19/20 Season
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:32 pm 

What will be will be

Last edited by bigcbeat on Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:33 pm 

Big lad wrote:
It’s been announced null and void with immediate effect

Don’t think that’s the case just yet . Could be ppg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:00 pm 

Even if they are null and void wonder if the new step 4 league in the north will be created, the top 3 get promoted in nl, ncel, nwcl and the remaining places are filled by beat ppg in the pyramid and reprieves. Maybe the odd league could run short due to lack of step 7 clubs but it would mean the season was not a total write off

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:03 pm 

Its Fake News, FA have just put out a statement.......... No decision has been made 'YET'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:43 pm 

Step 3 and 4 also either becoming null and void or down to points per game. How that affects play offs which are obviously much more active at that level is anyones guess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:45 pm 

LRN wrote:
Its Fake News, FA have just put out a statement.......... No decision has been made 'YET'

Funny, why all the leagues are posting the same fake news then! Only the National League hasn’t ended their season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:22 pm 

According to the Daily Star the National League have ended their season. I believe it’s null & voided. But Harrogate Town & Barrow AFC have been offered to the EFL as the promoted side’s & AFC Fylde & Chorley are relegated. I believe the FA & EFL will have to sanction this. The EFL & Premier League want to restart their league’s at some point. So ppg appears to be the preferred option, but we wait & see. Just seen a tweet from Ollie Bayliss(who covers Nonleague in the Home Counties). The Southern Comb chairman has sent a missive to all clubs and the only difference to the ones I’ve seen is the point about the ground grading deadline has been moved to the 31st July.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:55 pm 

Two key decisions have been agreed to help Ebac Northern League clubs through the current situation.

League membership fees for the 2020/21 season are to be waived and the annual presentation dinner is to be cancelled.

League chairman Glenn Youngman said:

“We fully appreciate that clubs are facing a very difficult time in the coming weeks and months.

“We will do all we can to help and support them.

“By waiving fees and cancelling the annual dinner, clubs will be able to put hundreds of pounds towards paying essential bills and other costs.

“We are sending regular updates from the FA to our clubs so they are aware of how the pandemic is affecting football nationally and how any developments may affect them. We will also continue to liaise closely with the FA.”

The updates include guidance about the Government’s financial help for businesses.

From http://www.northernfootballleague.org/n ... us-update/

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:40 pm 

Spennyfan_Chris wrote:
Two key decisions have been agreed to help Ebac Northern League clubs through the current situation.

League membership fees for the 2020/21 season are to be waived and the annual presentation dinner is to be cancelled.

League chairman Glenn Youngman said:

“We fully appreciate that clubs are facing a very difficult time in the coming weeks and months.

“We will do all we can to help and support them.

“By waiving fees and cancelling the annual dinner, clubs will be able to put hundreds of pounds towards paying essential bills and other costs.
That’s a great gesture by the league to be fair to them
“We are sending regular updates from the FA to our clubs so they are aware of how the pandemic is affecting football nationally and how any developments may affect them. We will also continue to liaise closely with the FA.”

The updates include guidance about the Government’s financial help for businesses.

From http://www.northernfootballleague.org/n ... us-update/

Great gesture by the NL

Last edited by bigcbeat on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:32 pm 

What impact does the Annual Dinner have on clubs finances??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

This probably sounds pedantic, but "null and void" and decisions made on points per game do not match.

If a season is "null and void" then all results are void, and no clubs have any points..

Okay, pedantic , but I know what they mean. Games count but the tables will be decided in a ppg basis, based on games played when the halt was called

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:48 pm 

Micky the Rodent wrote:
What impact does the Annual Dinner have on clubs finances??

Each club has to buy tickets

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:49 pm 

In our case saves buying 10 tickets @£35-00 plus the expense of taxis to get you there and back so sound £700.00 if clubs pay for committees night out which most do .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:07 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
According to the Daily Star the National League have ended their season. I believe it’s null & voided. But Harrogate Town & Barrow AFC have been offered to the EFL as the promoted side’s & AFC Fylde & Chorley are relegated. I believe the FA & EFL will have to sanction this. The EFL & Premier League want to restart their league’s at some point. So ppg appears to be the preferred option, but we wait & see. Just seen a tweet from Ollie Bayliss(who covers Nonleague in the Home Counties). The Southern Comb chairman has sent a missive to all clubs and the only difference to the ones I’ve seen is the point about the ground grading deadline has been moved to the 31st July.

If 2 teams are promoted i presume a club would be relegated from the efl unless they are running with 93 clubs. There needs to be some consistency for sure, one league says one thing, one says another

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:14 am 

Si_kirk wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

If 2 teams are promoted i presume a club would be relegated from the efl unless they are running with 93 clubs. There needs to be some consistency for sure, one league says one thing, one says another

I think the issue is the lack of consensus. The EFL wants to have their money spinning playoffs and in their eyes the clubs can afford to wait until the summer to finish the season’s. This isn’t the case with Nonleague football clubs.