It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Northallerton and Others
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:04 pm 

The Fa seem to be able to change rules willy nilly, whether right or wrong, what about just adding the teams as extra :lol:
Few more fixtures?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:53 pm 

Mr Pip wrote:
Here's a scenario. What if clubs who have been promoted have already signed players to contracts only to find out they will now not be promoted and then can no longer afford wages etc of said contracts due to reduced income, sponsorships etc?

At this level I’d say this would be extremely slim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:57 pm 

Big_Lucy wrote:
Whilst one correspondent categorically confirms that he was told in February and again in March that three teams would be promoted into the Ebac Northern League Division One from Division Two. Yet now steps back from categorical to word of mouth and not from the ENL, I can say that rumours have been rife for quite some time but nothing more than rumours. Unless of course that correspondent is higher up the food chain than the LMC and the clubs.
Once Division One was left to run with 18 teams, in 2018/19, after the unfortunate demise of Team Northumbria and Blyth there has been rumour as to what would happen come the end of the season. Penrith finishing bottom could see themselves laterally moved. The champions were always to be promoted to Step 4. Division One was always going to be at least three teams short come the end of the season.
As for promotion, Northallerton Town’s friends and neighbours Billingham Town and Thornaby did a better job than they did themselves, one gaining automatic promotion and the other on the ppg basis. The very best of luck to them both for 2019/20. If you asked Northallerton Town at the end of the season, they did not expect to play Division One football in 2019/20.
Nonetheless the Northern League have, it would appear, have been asking for Division One to be returned to full strength. Perhaps even asked for three teams to be promoted from Division Two. Why wouldn’t they? The league has a right to protect their clubs and the clubs in the NL catchment area have a right to have their cause promoted. Unusually, the FA appear to have taken some notice of the NL’s needs.
In the end the decision is not the NL’s, neither is it the clubs that decide but the FALC. They made their decisions, no doubt with some reference to the FA’s plan for this year and the further pursuit of the perfect pyramid.
I can say, with some confidence, that Northallerton Town continue to prepare for the forthcoming season as an Ebac Northern League Division One side. If things change, then that will have to be evaluated but, in the end, they have to prepare for a new season playing football at Step 5 or Step 6. Either way that is what they will do, prepare and then get on with the job of playing football.

Exactly the reforms in recent times and forthcoming ones are in theory designed to reduce travelling and putting knaresborough in division 1 would go not reduce travelling. The cumbrian teams are different as they will have long travel whatever level they play in And penrith have just got on with it for years.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:19 am 

Si_kirk wrote:
Big_Lucy wrote:
Whilst one correspondent categorically confirms that he was told in February and again in March that three teams would be promoted into the Ebac Northern League Division One from Division Two. Yet now steps back from categorical to word of mouth and not from the ENL, I can say that rumours have been rife for quite some time but nothing more than rumours. Unless of course that correspondent is higher up the food chain than the LMC and the clubs.
Once Division One was left to run with 18 teams, in 2018/19, after the unfortunate demise of Team Northumbria and Blyth there has been rumour as to what would happen come the end of the season. Penrith finishing bottom could see themselves laterally moved. The champions were always to be promoted to Step 4. Division One was always going to be at least three teams short come the end of the season.
As for promotion, Northallerton Town’s friends and neighbours Billingham Town and Thornaby did a better job than they did themselves, one gaining automatic promotion and the other on the ppg basis. The very best of luck to them both for 2019/20. If you asked Northallerton Town at the end of the season, they did not expect to play Division One football in 2019/20.
Nonetheless the Northern League have, it would appear, have been asking for Division One to be returned to full strength. Perhaps even asked for three teams to be promoted from Division Two. Why wouldn’t they? The league has a right to protect their clubs and the clubs in the NL catchment area have a right to have their cause promoted. Unusually, the FA appear to have taken some notice of the NL’s needs.
In the end the decision is not the NL’s, neither is it the clubs that decide but the FALC. They made their decisions, no doubt with some reference to the FA’s plan for this year and the further pursuit of the perfect pyramid.
I can say, with some confidence, that Northallerton Town continue to prepare for the forthcoming season as an Ebac Northern League Division One side. If things change, then that will have to be evaluated but, in the end, they have to prepare for a new season playing football at Step 5 or Step 6. Either way that is what they will do, prepare and then get on with the job of playing football.

Exactly the reforms in recent times and forthcoming ones are in theory designed to reduce travelling and putting knaresborough in division 1 would go not reduce travelling. The cumbrian teams are different as they will have long travel whatever level they play in And penrith have just got on with it for years.

So breaking the rules over not laterally transferring a team that are 30miles south & off the A1 is okay? Because it would’ve slightly increased travelling. Then in the same sentence state that travelling to Cumbrian clubs is just part of the cause? What happens if Holker OB & Cleator Moor Celtic are laterally transferred over the season after next, instead of North Yorkshire teams! Will people be happier, because they will have to travel on minor roads across the country, instead of going south down a 3 carriage A1?
Is the NL a local league for local people. You can’t have strangers coming into our league.......

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:32 am 

Well said Windy. The biggest problem i can see is Historical with the Knaresborough scenario in that attracting players to play in the NL would be alien to them as their players would i assume be from the greater Leeds Conurbation and not the North East, so recruitment would be their main gripe as opposed to the travel.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:06 pm 

SEMI wrote:
Well said Windy. The biggest problem i can see is Historical with the Knaresborough scenario in that attracting players to play in the NL would be alien to them as their players would i assume be from the greater Leeds Conurbation and not the North East, so recruitment would be their main gripe as opposed to the travel.

Yeah agree. They are more likely to get players from west yorkshire way. Sure could not see many players coming from say darlington/Teeside way for there level. My point about cumbria still stands, theres no local league for teams that way to go into and probably never will be, there is for Knaresborough. Of course over time i would not have a gripe with the league expanding a touch southwards. Say if pickering and tadcaster got relegated into the league, harrogate ra got transfered then that would reduce Knaresborough travelling alot. Tbh i think if pickering were in a relegation spot last season they would have come into the northern league

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:44 pm 

The FA has made a decision, we should all accept and respect it irrespective of whether you agree to it or not. Div 1 needed 3 extra teams for this year and the promotion of Northallerton has to be applauded. Div 2 has got there teams to bring them up to compliment. its not the FA's or NL's fault that we were put in this position but I believe the resolution of the problem by the FA was sound. I just wish they would ditch PPG and leave it to the Leagues to resolve promotion and relegation.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:51 pm 

Big_Lucy wrote:

Your splitting hairs regards to who or whom told me. That/those persons were well informed. I will leave it at that. If you want to know about rumours..... there was even talk of more than three going up!!

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:49 am 

Its now confirmed that Frimley Green will be in the CCL Prem Div next season which will have 21 Clubs.

Not sure what this means for Northallerton, but I hope thats the end of it !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:33 pm 

Carlisle City are appealing their lateral transfers to the NL2 & their appeal is being held on the 17th at noon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:05 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Carlisle City are appealing their lateral transfers to the NL2 & their appeal is being held on the 17th at noon

So bang go’s the fixtures being handed out at the AGM on Saturday then . Had same last year when uni appealed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:05 pm 

Col could they not just issue fixtures and If Carlisle City leave the division each club just has a free week on the scheduled date?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:44 am 

So what if carlisle win will the division just run with one less club and the nwcl division 1 have 1 extra club? Seems a right mess and doubt Carlisle's travelling would increase if they do end up in the northern league

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:18 am 

Could they not have done this a bit quicker. They have known for weeks now about the lateral transfer and would also have known when the ENL AGM is. I suspect they will lose the appeal and become a "welcome" addition to the ENL.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:22 am 

marron04 wrote:
Col could they not just issue fixtures and If Carlisle City leave the division each club just has a free week on the scheduled date?

I have no idea Maz, I asked Joe yesterday and he wasn't sure if fixtures will be handed out tomorrow or not. I do know they were delayed last year for a similar reason when the Uni appealed. What you are suggesting seems a good idea tho . Find out tomorrow at AGM.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next