It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 9:02 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 223
Cestrian wrote:
From what I hear Brandon will do well to hold onto the ground as there are rumours that the chap who built the houses next to the ground wants to move up the hill and develop the ground for housing. Lets hope he is knocked back by planning regs or that the ground is protected by some sort of sports only covenant and lets hope Brandon can get some interest going in the village and come back strongly.

There are a lot of ambitious clubs in the 3 feeder leagues. Who are progressive & will be applying for promotion in the next couple of years. These struggling clubs will eventually be replaced & find their own levels.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:30 pm
Posts: 251
Location: Lab 207
interesting comment Windy, just who are these lot of ambitious clubs in the 3 feeder leagues. Who are progressive & will be applying for promotion in the next couple of years. I understand Newcastle Uni and Sunderland West End, maybe AFC Killingworth after that I am struggling. Thirsk and Durham United are at least 2-3 years away from the EFL assuming on the pitch results keep on the up and clubs who have applied recently like Boldon CA seem to be on the downward spiral at the moment. Maybe Ponteland if they ever move grounds and Harton are the next best bets.

_________________
CESTRIANS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm
Posts: 188
When this new step 4 league is added there will be reprieves surely to keep the required numbers in leagues not to mention clubs been cherry picked if they have the right facilities. Ive not been told this as fact just haveing a guess as doubt the northern league would want to run with 16 teams. With more promotion spots available it will maybe encourage likea of wolviston to upgrade there grounds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 223
Cestrian wrote:
interesting comment Windy, just who are these lot of ambitious clubs in the 3 feeder leagues. Who are progressive & will be applying for promotion in the next couple of years. I understand Newcastle Uni and Sunderland West End, maybe AFC Killingworth after that I am struggling. Thirsk and Durham United are at least 2-3 years away from the EFL assuming on the pitch results keep on the up and clubs who have applied recently like Boldon CA seem to be on the downward spiral at the moment. Maybe Ponteland if they ever move grounds and Harton are the next best bets.

Wolviston, Redcar Town, Boro Rangers, Blyth Town, Richmond Town(when they move), AFC Killingworth, Durham Utd, Alnwick Town, Darlington RA. Some of those mentioned have dropped down & are building back up again. I’m sure there’s one or two more.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 96
Cestrian wrote:
interesting comment Windy, just who are these lot of ambitious clubs in the 3 feeder leagues. Who are progressive & will be applying for promotion in the next couple of years. I understand Newcastle Uni and Sunderland West End, maybe AFC Killingworth after that I am struggling. Thirsk and Durham United are at least 2-3 years away from the EFL assuming on the pitch results keep on the up and clubs who have applied recently like Boldon CA seem to be on the downward spiral at the moment. Maybe Ponteland if they ever move grounds and Harton are the next best bets.


I think you have just answered your own question


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 pm
Posts: 131
Harton will not be promoted. Boldon will bounce back next season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 pm
Posts: 131
england wrote:
Cestrian wrote:
interesting comment Windy, just who are these lot of ambitious clubs in the 3 feeder leagues. Who are progressive & will be applying for promotion in the next couple of years. I understand Newcastle Uni and Sunderland West End, maybe AFC Killingworth after that I am struggling. Thirsk and Durham United are at least 2-3 years away from the EFL assuming on the pitch results keep on the up and clubs who have applied recently like Boldon CA seem to be on the downward spiral at the moment. Maybe Ponteland if they ever move grounds and Harton are the next best bets.


I think you have just answered your own question

Boldon lost there first game of 2019 tonight against west end. Since the turn of the year they've slowly climbed the table. Not sure that is a downward spiral.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 223
england wrote:
Cestrian wrote:
interesting comment Windy, just who are these lot of ambitious clubs in the 3 feeder leagues. Who are progressive & will be applying for promotion in the next couple of years. I understand Newcastle Uni and Sunderland West End, maybe AFC Killingworth after that I am struggling. Thirsk and Durham United are at least 2-3 years away from the EFL assuming on the pitch results keep on the up and clubs who have applied recently like Boldon CA seem to be on the downward spiral at the moment. Maybe Ponteland if they ever move grounds and Harton are the next best bets.


I think you have just answered your own question

He didn’t though, I posted a lot longer list of clubs with genuine ambitions! You could always ask them yourselves, if there’s any doubt out there! I know a lot of feeder league clubs are taking a close look at the FA’s restructure & how it’ll effect the area. If 8-10 NL1 are promoted at the end of next season. Then 8-10 feeder leagues clubs will need to backfill those promoted from the NL2. So it won’t actually matter if they are all firing in their leagues. The FA have shown in the ECL1S & the 2 NWCL1. That they will cherry pick any clubs with suitable grounds. As long as those clubs aren’t in the relegation zones.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:30 pm
Posts: 251
Location: Lab 207
No I didn't answer my own question as it was implying that there are a lot of ifs buts and maybes. Wolviston have shown no inclination whatsoever to progress their ground, Redcar town have had chances to apply to the ENL and haven't followed through, Boro rangers need to find a suitable ground or show some signs of developing a ground, Blyth Town are a couple of seasons away but a strong contender I agree, Richmond as you say WHEN they move, AFC Killingworth a good bet for the future, Durham Utd again a long way away on the playing side, Alnwick are the proverbial yo-yo club (no disrespect intended as they are one of my favourite clubs and one of my favourite grounds to visit) but they tend to do well for a couple of years then drop again and Darlington RA punched above their weight in the ENL, they have a couple of sterling chaps running the club but very little else. cannot see them anywhere near coming back in the foreseeable. The new step 4 will be interesting as if 8-10 clubs are promoted en bloc then will their be 8-10 clubs with suitable facilities able to be cherry picked or will the ENL 2 be going to 1-30pm kick offs in winter as a lot of clubs haven't got lights or will their be a league with a big difference in playing standards inside the league. Don't get me wrong I do like new teams joining the ENL and visiting new grounds but those grounds have to be of a certain standard as it would be unfair on those clubs who have developed their grounds over time to have to start visiting "park pitches" with a low level of facilities for early kick offs in the winter months.

_________________
CESTRIANS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 237
Cestrian wrote:
No I didn't answer my own question as it was implying that there are a lot of ifs buts and maybes. Wolviston have shown no inclination whatsoever to progress their ground, Redcar town have had chances to apply to the ENL and haven't followed through, Boro rangers need to find a suitable ground or show some signs of developing a ground, Blyth Town are a couple of seasons away but a strong contender I agree, Richmond as you say WHEN they move, AFC Killingworth a good bet for the future, Durham Utd again a long way away on the playing side, Alnwick are the proverbial yo-yo club (no disrespect intended as they are one of my favourite clubs and one of my favourite grounds to visit) but they tend to do well for a couple of years then drop again and Darlington RA punched above their weight in the ENL, they have a couple of sterling chaps running the club but very little else. cannot see them anywhere near coming back in the foreseeable. The new step 4 will be interesting as if 8-10 clubs are promoted en bloc then will their be 8-10 clubs with suitable facilities able to be cherry picked or will the ENL 2 be going to 1-30pm kick offs in winter as a lot of clubs haven't got lights or will their be a league with a big difference in playing standards inside the league. Don't get me wrong I do like new teams joining the ENL and visiting new grounds but those grounds have to be of a certain standard as it would be unfair on those clubs who have developed their grounds over time to have to start visiting "park pitches" with a low level of facilities for early kick offs in the winter months.


Totally agree. Letting the ground standards slip would be a bad thing , also 1.30 kick offs would be awful. Ground and floodlights should be a minimum requirement.

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
No I in Team
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 883
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
Cestrian wrote:
No I didn't answer my own question as it was implying that there are a lot of ifs buts and maybes. Wolviston have shown no inclination whatsoever to progress their ground, Redcar town have had chances to apply to the ENL and haven't followed through, Boro rangers need to find a suitable ground or show some signs of developing a ground, Blyth Town are a couple of seasons away but a strong contender I agree, Richmond as you say WHEN they move, AFC Killingworth a good bet for the future, Durham Utd again a long way away on the playing side, Alnwick are the proverbial yo-yo club (no disrespect intended as they are one of my favourite clubs and one of my favourite grounds to visit) but they tend to do well for a couple of years then drop again and Darlington RA punched above their weight in the ENL, they have a couple of sterling chaps running the club but very little else. cannot see them anywhere near coming back in the foreseeable. The new step 4 will be interesting as if 8-10 clubs are promoted en bloc then will their be 8-10 clubs with suitable facilities able to be cherry picked or will the ENL 2 be going to 1-30pm kick offs in winter as a lot of clubs haven't got lights or will their be a league with a big difference in playing standards inside the league. Don't get me wrong I do like new teams joining the ENL and visiting new grounds but those grounds have to be of a certain standard as it would be unfair on those clubs who have developed their grounds over time to have to start visiting "park pitches" with a low level of facilities for early kick offs in the winter months.


I totally agree, I have always had issues where clubs have shelled out money on players and have poor facilities. I have not heard that requirements of covered seating and floodlights as a minimum will be relaxed at step 6, and hopefully it never will.

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 223
Cestrian wrote:
No I didn't answer my own question as it was implying that there are a lot of ifs buts and maybes. Wolviston have shown no inclination whatsoever to progress their ground, Redcar town have had chances to apply to the ENL and haven't followed through, Boro rangers need to find a suitable ground or show some signs of developing a ground, Blyth Town are a couple of seasons away but a strong contender I agree, Richmond as you say WHEN they move, AFC Killingworth a good bet for the future, Durham Utd again a long way away on the playing side, Alnwick are the proverbial yo-yo club (no disrespect intended as they are one of my favourite clubs and one of my favourite grounds to visit) but they tend to do well for a couple of years then drop again and Darlington RA punched above their weight in the ENL, they have a couple of sterling chaps running the club but very little else. cannot see them anywhere near coming back in the foreseeable. The new step 4 will be interesting as if 8-10 clubs are promoted en bloc then will their be 8-10 clubs with suitable facilities able to be cherry picked or will the ENL 2 be going to 1-30pm kick offs in winter as a lot of clubs haven't got lights or will their be a league with a big difference in playing standards inside the league. Don't get me wrong I do like new teams joining the ENL and visiting new grounds but those grounds have to be of a certain standard as it would be unfair on those clubs who have developed their grounds over time to have to start visiting "park pitches" with a low level of facilities for early kick offs in the winter months.

Wolviston have told me that they are well into the process of getting the ground developed. Redcar Town needed to do a few things & will be ready to apply next season. Boro Rangers told me that they wanted to be at step 6 & were trying to groundshare. This hasn’t happened & their current ground is going to be developed. Obviously this has slowed their ambitions. Both Durham Utd & Blyth Town will need to be at step 7 & it’s on the cards that they will be. They’re both ambitious & hopefully they’ll have everything in place on & off the pitch. The FA have shown that they are only interested in having every club with the correct facilities. So on that aspect there won’t be any dumbing down facilities wise. You could argue that the NL will be a lower standard, but we are all expecting that anyway. You could argue that those clubs being promoted to step 4, have been at the wrong level for years anyway!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:30 pm
Posts: 251
Location: Lab 207
As I said ifs buts and maybes. It takes a lot of money to develop a ground to even ENL 2 standard, a lot of very hard work applying for grants for stands and floodlights etc unless the clubs mentioned have a sugar daddy waiting in the wings. I don't agree with a ground share to gain promotion when others have developed a ground and cannot afford the better players on the pitch because of this. Also remember Blyth town and Durham United have another tough league to try to negotiate before promotion to step 6 unless of course the FA decide to cherry pick on facilities alone then we could have the likes of Alnwick and Darlington RA back in ENL2. I see at this precise moment a dearth of clubs ready to move up taking into account both playing strength and facilities. We even have both candidates this season at grounds purposefully to gain promotion (Newcastle Uni and Sunderland West End) whilst their facilities are brought up to standard, should they have waited and played at their own grounds until facilities were ready? ground sharing to gain promotion? others have been blocked in the past!!! another argument maybe?

_________________
CESTRIANS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 223
Cestrian wrote:
As I said ifs buts and maybes. It takes a lot of money to develop a ground to even ENL 2 standard, a lot of very hard work applying for grants for stands and floodlights etc unless the clubs mentioned have a sugar daddy waiting in the wings. I don't agree with a ground share to gain promotion when others have developed a ground and cannot afford the better players on the pitch because of this. Also remember Blyth town and Durham United have another tough league to try to negotiate before promotion to step 6 unless of course the FA decide to cherry pick on facilities alone then we could have the likes of Alnwick and Darlington RA back in ENL2. I see at this precise moment a dearth of clubs ready to move up taking into account both playing strength and facilities. We even have both candidates this season at grounds purposefully to gain promotion (Newcastle Uni and Sunderland West End) whilst their facilities are brought up to standard, should they have waited and played at their own grounds until facilities were ready? ground sharing to gain promotion? others have been blocked in the past!!! another argument maybe?

The clubs I mentioned, are all beyond the planning stages & have either secured grants or are already developing their grounds. So I haven’t added a load of clubs that fancy playing at step 6 one day. These are clubs that are within a season or two of being ready for step 6.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 883
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
Windy1970 wrote:
Cestrian wrote:
As I said ifs buts and maybes. It takes a lot of money to develop a ground to even ENL 2 standard, a lot of very hard work applying for grants for stands and floodlights etc unless the clubs mentioned have a sugar daddy waiting in the wings. I don't agree with a ground share to gain promotion when others have developed a ground and cannot afford the better players on the pitch because of this. Also remember Blyth town and Durham United have another tough league to try to negotiate before promotion to step 6 unless of course the FA decide to cherry pick on facilities alone then we could have the likes of Alnwick and Darlington RA back in ENL2. I see at this precise moment a dearth of clubs ready to move up taking into account both playing strength and facilities. We even have both candidates this season at grounds purposefully to gain promotion (Newcastle Uni and Sunderland West End) whilst their facilities are brought up to standard, should they have waited and played at their own grounds until facilities were ready? ground sharing to gain promotion? others have been blocked in the past!!! another argument maybe?

The clubs I mentioned, are all beyond the planning stages & have either secured grants or are already developing their grounds. So I haven’t added a load of clubs that fancy playing at step 6 one day. These are clubs that are within a season or two of being ready for step 6.


I don't think Richmond Town are anywhere near getting a new ground anytime soon.

I am surprised Bedale never show ambition. Nice little set up, decent bar, and I think they own the land , so getting floodlight grants should be straight forward. Several towns in the North Yorkshire area could adapt to step 6 with funding and vision, including Kirbymoorside, Thirsk Falcons, Easingwold Town and the one that surprises me the most is Ripon City. Perhaps as time goes on these Clubs will develop, they all have the footings of something better

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: paul2000 and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group