It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:19 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Mighty Mariners........
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:43 pm 

Strange decisions by the referee on Saturday, even both set of supporters where in agreement he was poor, ten, fifteen minutes before the actual sending off one supporter stood next to us said this referee is looking to make a name for himself by sending someone off.

Personally I was happy with a draw as we broke our Warrington curse by not getting beat, whoever finishes above Warrington will win this league, just my opinion and there’s one hell of a lot of football to be played yet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:53 pm 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Never a red mariner Steve.
I didnt think it was from the video but it doesnt seem though an appeal has been made so those present must have thought the decision at least tenable.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:14 pm 

Shields did apply to have the red card rescinded, but the league turned down Shields request, Once again the league supporting the referees and not common sense, my take the league are supporting average or mediocre referees instead of looking at way to improve referees performances, it’s not always a bad thing to admit when you’ve done something wrong, and you can learn from that experience.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:11 pm 

Lovenonleague wrote:
Shields did apply to have the red card rescinded, but the league turned down Shields request, Once again the league supporting the referees and not common sense, my take the league are supporting average or mediocre referees instead of looking at way to improve referees performances, it’s not always a bad thing to admit when you’ve done something wrong, and you can learn from that experience.

Thanks for the update; I hadn't seen news of the appeal on twitter. In the USA I have to rely on what gets published!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:51 pm 

Business end of the season. Can't be bottling it again surely. To much money spent. Fenton looks down and out in his interview. Two months into next season then I think it's curtains for him and his mate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7