It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:12 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mighty Mariners........
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:17 pm 

Doubt it overall - if the playing squad budget was t be trimmed it's because the younger lads are now ready to move up and there'll be plenty of expenditure on the ground improvements at Mariners Park and perhaps some at Harton & Westoe as the main academy centre - as far as I can gather from those closer to the action.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:41 pm 

Definitely no budget cuts, think what’s actually happening is the club is moving its budget to different areas such as giving the management and players greater training time, potentially four times per week, id expect to see at least three new signings over the coming weeks (not necessary local lads either), those players will likely be of the right age and fit nicely into the new Hybrid Structure, Just my opinion and I have no insider knowledge or heard of any rumours, just my take on things.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:13 pm 

Lovenonleague wrote:
Definitely no budget cuts, think what’s actually happening is the club is moving its budget to different areas such as giving the management and players greater training time, potentially four times per week, id expect to see at least three new signings over the coming weeks (not necessary local lads either), those players will likely be of the right age and fit nicely into the new Hybrid Structure, Just my opinion and I have no insider knowledge or heard of any rumours, just my take on things.

Certainly hints locally of news to come soon - maybe after the first couple of PSF games; also planning application about to be lodged for a major new development which will need a very large allocation of budget I would think. Academy lads also being signed to the first team squad in line with policy though I was sorry to see my three 'most likely to succeed' go to other clubs. Sadly, I'm headed for another season in exile. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:15 pm 

Two new signings clearly fit the Hybrid structure, young talented prospects, and as I said both come from outside of the North East.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:58 am 

Major planning application for what exactly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:22 am 

South Shields about a year ago purchased an old factory on Shaftesbury ave, plans in (on planning approval via council), large seated stand, gym, club shop and a few houses, Fingers crossed that planning permission is granted.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:12 pm 

Is that the filtrona factory

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:05 pm 

No, it’s the one opposite the main road, basically on the other side of the players dugouts, planning permission will have to include moving the road and pavement, Can’t see that being a problem as the road is a dead end anyway and the footpath will move inline with the new plans, hope that all makes sense?.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:45 pm 

Lovenonleague wrote:
No, it’s the one opposite the main road, basically on the other side of the players dugouts, planning permission will have to include moving the road and pavement, Can’t see that being a problem as the road is a dead end anyway and the footpath will move inline with the new plans, hope that all makes sense?.

and possibly apply to 'privatise' the bottom of the road to provide parking and more direct access to the 3G area ???????

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:36 am 

this starting to make sense.i am just wondering if they are going to turn pitch 90 degrees.who owns filtrona factory anyway

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:51 pm 

Was talk about potentially turning the pitch, but not sure if that’s still doable with planning permission, especially with the club as we speak are installing four floodlights.
I might be wrong but I think the company that owns the old Filtrona site is called something like Sondico??.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:22 pm 

So what is purpose of buying the factory across road

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:57 pm 

The new stand/seats will have the potential to hold up to about 3,000, then add gym, club shop, possibly a bar, then add other things like conference room etc, also the houses being built will help to pay some of the costs towards the stand etc, for example tonight’s game against Sunderland could have easily been 5.000 attendance, granted I know this type of fixture doesn’t happen every week, but far greater having everyone being able to watch the game without obstructions in your way, normally in my case someone’s who’s six and a half foot tall..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:42 pm 

I see the filtrona car park gets used by ssfc.how is that when they don't own it.
Seems like they mean business

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:26 pm 

trevor56 wrote:
I see the filtrona car park gets used by ssfc.how is that when they don't own it.
Seems like they mean business

The use of Filtrona car park for officials etc was part of the original purchase of the ground from Filtrona but would be far better to have parking on the owned land. It caused a few potential issues over the years (as did a question mark over the boundary line where the main entry is) but all was fine in due course/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next