It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Season 2019/20
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:59 am 

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum ... t_id=7422;

The link shows that Thirsk Falcons have been promoted. New Marske relegated. Stokesley Sports Club remain in the Premier division.

Is this the case with Stokesley or have the two teams swapped round?

Post subject: Re: Season 2019/20
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:55 pm 

Premier League
1 B.E.A.D.S.
2 Bedale
3 Boro Rangers (Champions)
4 Fishburn Park
5 Grangetown B.C.
6 Guisborough Town Reserves
7 Kader
8 Redcar Newmarket
9 Redcar Town
10 St. Mary's 1947
11 Staithes Athletic
12 Stockton West End
13 Stokesley Sports Club
14 Thirsk Falcons (promoted)
15 Thornaby Dubliners
16 Yarm & Eaglescliffe

Division One
1 Boro Rangers Reserves (new)
2 Great Ayton United Royals
3 Lealholm FC (new from Beckett League)
4 Loftus Athletic
5 Loftus FC
6 Middlesbrough Rovers
7 New Marske (relegated)
8 Redcar Athletic Reserves
9 Stokesley AFC
10 Tees Valley Tigers
11 Whitby Fishermens Society

Stokesley Sports Reserves have resigned & in effect taken over the 1st team.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:02 pm 

Wonder if any teams have aspirations for promotion. Although the league is supposed to be part of the pyramid i dont recall a team getting promoted

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:07 am 

Redcar Town will be in a position to apply after this summer’s ground improvements & will definitely be applying for promotion this coming season.
Boro Rangers are ambitious & were awaiting sign off on a moving to a ground in Middlesbrough. Which is step 6 standard & if they achieve this, then they’ll be applying for promotion too.
Stokesley SC have the facilities and we’ll see how their ex-Reserve side & now the first team fairs.
Grangetown Boys Club has an application to install floodlights. Whether this is them developing their ground & aiming for promotion at some point.
*Grangetown’s twitter page, states that they want to progress to the next level. Via improvements to their ground & squad.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:45 am 

I guess it will be interesting in the future if teams from this league do apply along with two other feeder leagues. Will 3 be relegated?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:30 am 

Si_kirk wrote:
I guess it will be interesting in the future if teams from this league do apply along with two other feeder leagues. Will 3 be relegated?

I would think the answer to this question is a big yes unless the NL lose a good few clubs to the new step 4 league which is more than likely. If the number of clubs being promoted to this new step 4 league are true (4-6 is the rumour) then i would think there will be a few promoted. There are plenty candidates from Wearside League and Northern Alliance and reading Windys post also from the North Riding . I dont think there will be a better opportunity for clubs who wish to join the NL than next season when the final restructuring takes place. We were at Redcar Town last season for a pre season game , what a good set up they have, so i would agree they will be having a go at promotion once they do improvements.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:02 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

I would think the answer to this question is a big yes unless the NL lose a good few clubs to the new step 4 league which is more than likely. If the number of clubs being promoted to this new step 4 league are true (4-6 is the rumour) then i would think there will be a few promoted. There are plenty candidates from Wearside League and Northern Alliance and reading Windys post also from the North Riding . I dont think there will be a better opportunity for clubs who wish to join the NL than next season when the final restructuring takes place. We were at Redcar Town last season for a pre season game , what a good set up they have, so i would agree they will be having a go at promotion once they do improvements.

The FA will look for a minimum of 4 clubs from the feeder leagues or lateral transfers from neighbouring leagues. The bottom 2 in NL2 are liable to to relegation. I guess it is possible that more than 6 teams could potentially be promoted from the feeder leagues. If the NWCL1N was short of clubs, Penrith are relegated & Carlisle City remains in the NL2. The FA decided to laterally transfer both sides & also relegated the bottom 2. Then the FA could potentially promote 8 feeder league clubs. This is so unlikely that it’s not worth considering, but it could happen under extremely unlikely circumstances. Grangetown BC have told me that if they are in with a chance of promotion this coming season, then they will accelerate their ground developments & go for it.
What could be interesting, is the possibility that several clubs from each of the 3 feeder leagues & also Kirkbymoorside from the York Minster League. With realistically 6 places available & the likelihood that those that apply, pass the ground grading requirements & achieve a top 5 position will most likely be promoted. It could even go down to final positions & ppg between clubs in the 3/4 feeder leagues. Obviously the highest placed team’s that applies from each of those feeder leagues & passes will be promoted. But the extra places could easily come down to final positions, ppg etc. So any teams that apply, are well advised to keep the foot to the pedal, to the final minute of the final game. Clubs might even have to weigh up whether they keep going for it in the league, even if they have cup finals to look forward too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:39 pm 

As Well as the North Riding qualifiers those from Alliance, i would think Killingworth will be nailed on now they have moved to Blue Flames, Alnwick and Ponteland Utd will also be keeping an eye on it. Rutherford are not a million miles away from having a stab at it. Quite a few from the Wearside also. Boldon will be strong this season having joined forces with Harton & Westoe, Wolviston, Hebburn Res,(with the likelihood Hebburn will be promoted), must be a good bet, Leam Rangers have a great facility which only needs 50 seats and floodlights. This makes up quite a few candidates. Windy do you think there will be relegations from NL even as it looks likely the NL will be short on numbers. I was thinking the bottom club only would be relegated.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:22 pm 

Richmond Town are moving to their new step 6 standard ground before Xmas & are in discussions as to whether they are able to apply for promotion from that ground.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:41 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Richmond Town are moving to their new step 6 standard ground before Xmas & are in discussions as to whether they are able to apply for promotion from that ground.

Where are they off to? I did hear they could not get planning permission at there current ground.