It is currently Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Next season set up
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:01 pm 

Does anyone know if there are any definite resignations from the league, teams applied to move to other leagues and if there are any new teams applied to come in?

Post subject: Re: Next season set up
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:51 pm 

All will be revealed at the AGM on 9th June. I can confirm there is clubs joining and unfortunately some resigning but hope will be back in the future

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:44 pm 

Any news from the meeting stevenDH7, resignations/ new teams/ league set up etc??

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:57 pm 

Chervon7 posted this on the League Allocations topic -

Teams resigned from the League are Brandon Utd Dev. Redcar Town. Kilingworth YPC. Wallsend Town. Washington AFC. Hartlepool FC Res.

That should leave.. Bishop Auckland Res. Blackhill & Ebchester. Coundon & Leelholme. Durham City Res. Sherburn WMC. Seaham Westlea. Sunderland Hall Farm. Sunderland Oddies. Wheatley Hill WMC. Farrington Detached. plus Billingham FC and West Auckland WMC

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:44 am 

Only 11 teams on website for next season. That's more or less half of what was the original amount of teams when the league was formed. What's going on with all these teams folding? Teams like Coundon calling a day cant be good, great club with great officials and players. I personally think that with no automatic promotion this will be the norm each year, How long before more players get bored which will happen if there's no way of progressing.

Dare I say that an automatic promotion to say the Wearside League would give clubs in the DAL who do want to progress something to aim for ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:20 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Only 11 teams on website for next season. That's more or less half of what was the original amount of teams when the league was formed. What's going on with all these teams folding? Teams like Coundon calling a day cant be good, great club with great officials and players. I personally think that with no automatic promotion this will be the norm each year, How long before more players get bored which will happen if there's no way of progressing.

Dare I say that an automatic promotion to say the Wearside League would give clubs in the DAL who do want to progress something to aim for ?

There were 19 teams at the start of last season 3 bailed out during the season and 7 more at the season end. Couple this with 17 teams leaving the Teesside League since 2014 and the picture is depressing. A mixture of cost and lack of commitment by players would appear to be the main reason for the decline in Men's football in our region. However this is a national problem as leagues throughout the country are folding due to a lack of teams. I am not certain how this can be turned around once lads find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon you have a job getting them back

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:36 am 

The way things are going I can see most of the local leagues folding before long. Kids start to play so early that they are bored of playing by the time they reach adult football and prefer to go to the match or work instead.
As for promotion it's a no go for most teams because of the cost,at least two trips to Cumbria would take up most of our money alone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:39 pm 

oddiesfc wrote:
The way things are going I can see most of the local leagues folding before long. Kids start to play so early that they are bored of playing by the time they reach adult football and prefer to go to the match or work instead.
As for promotion it's a no go for most teams because of the cost,at least two trips to Cumbria would take up most of our money alone

I see where you are coming from regarding expense but I believe if players see a dead end then they get bored. That was part of the reason we switched leagues (St Josephs) as players were tired of playing the same teams year in year out with no way out. Its ok to win a league year in year out (which we didn't btw) but believe me players get bored of it. There are leagues out there which offer promotion and progression. I don't know how the Wearside operate but the NA have the home team paying officials expenses so long travels we can give players petrol expenses. We found that worked tbh.
Just a shame they don't combine as 1 league giving more clubs the chance to move up should they wish to do so.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:27 am 

Chevron7 wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:

There were 19 teams at the start of last season 3 bailed out during the season and 7 more at the season end. Couple this with 17 teams leaving the Teesside League since 2014 and the picture is depressing. A mixture of cost and lack of commitment by players would appear to be the main reason for the decline in Men's football in our region. However this is a national problem as leagues throughout the country are folding due to a lack of teams. I am not certain how this can be turned around once lads find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon you have a job getting them back

22 according to this forum last july highlighted now gone , Sad times 13 teams gone after 1 season
Bishop Auckland Reserves
Brandon United Development
Chester le Street Whitehills.
Consett Reserves
Coundon & Leeholm.

Durham City Reserves
Ebchester & Blackhill
Farringdon Detached Corner Flag
Hall Farm FC
Hartlepool FC Reserves
Hendon FC
Killingworth
Redcar Town

Sherburn Village WMC
Seaham New West Lea
Sunderland Oddies
Sunderland Red House Last Orders
University of Sunderland
Whitburn Village

Wallsend Town
Washington AFC
Wheatley Hill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:38 pm 

Yes there were 22 teams at the AGM when the league was set up but 3 didn't make it to the starting line. Of the 19 that did 10 have left either joined another league or more worrying folded.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:16 pm 

Just looked on the League site now down to 10 teams Wallsend have now gone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:01 am 

Chevron7 wrote:
Just looked on the League site now down to 10 teams Wallsend have now gone.

Thought they might go, applied to NAL and were turned down. Worrying times for DACL , Only Ebchester and Wheatley Hill left from when we left 4 year ago. Some cracking clubs gone to the wall.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:58 pm 

Didn't know Seaham New WestLea had gone as well

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:16 pm 

All a bit worrying for the league and you have to wonder for how much longer it can survive Heamoraging teams without some new blood.

As it stands only 10 teams and that means a league season of just 18 league games. Is that enough to keep players interested having just played a season over 30 league games. Thats a huge percentage drop in matches and will mean teams either finishing the season early if the weather is kind or going many weekends of the season with no fixtures.

Seems the league faces the opposite problem from last season when the concerns were getting the fixtures completed.

Is there any point in any early season midweek matches with such a small league? Surely all the games could be completed on Saturdays?

Hopefully a few extra teams can be attracted before the kick off. Anyone heard anything along those lines?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:41 pm 

Shy Tall Knight wrote:
All a bit worrying for the league and you have to wonder for how much longer it can survive Heamoraging teams without some new blood.

As it stands only 10 teams and that means a league season of just 18 league games. Is that enough to keep players interested having just played a season over 30 league games. Thats a huge percentage drop in matches and will mean teams either finishing the season early if the weather is kind or going many weekends of the season with no fixtures.

Seems the league faces the opposite problem from last season when the concerns were getting the fixtures completed.

Is there any point in any early season midweek matches with such a small league? Surely all the games could be completed on Saturdays?

Hopefully a few extra teams can be attracted before the kick off. Anyone heard anything along those lines?

This will probably be laughed at but why the hell both leagues cant join forces and have a Wearside League 2nd division is beyond me. A Wearside League 2nd division with 2 automatic promotion places and 2 relegated from the first would surely appeal to more clubs. It will never happen though with the 2 blokes currently in charge who have an obvious dislike of each other to the point it could end up with the weaker League going under.
Ego is a funny old trait :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: