It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Other League Allocations 2019/20
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:54 pm 

Consett Sunday League - Unsure

Gateshead And District Sunday League - http://www.gatesheadanddistrictsundayle ... /Divisions (2 Divisions - 9 Each)

Peterlee And District Sunday League - https://www.pdsl.org.uk:8443/clubs/ (3 Divisions - 9 PD, 10 D1 and 10 D2)

South Shields Sunday League - http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/Proces ... ue=7542297 (2 Divisions - 12 PD and 11 D1)

Stockton Sunday League - https://www.stocktonsundayleague.org.uk/clubs/ (3 Divisions - 10 PD, 12 D1 and 12 D2)

Sunderland Sunday League - https://www.sunderlandsundayleague.org.uk:8446/clubs/ (5 Divisions - 10 PD, 12 D1, 12 D2, 12 D3 and 12 D4)

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

Post subject: Re: Other League Allocations 2019/20
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:31 pm 

Consett League, deffo two divisions.

D1
East Stanley WMC Promoted
Burnopfield Sun Inn Promoted
Consett Scotch Arms
Consett Top Club
Oxhill Central
Winlaton Crown & Cannon
Blackhall Mill
South Moor Sports
Consett the Barn

D2
High Hold Bird Inn
Stanley Ball Alley Relegated
Lanchester CC Relegated
Crookhall Beck
Stanley RAFA
Stanley Imperial
Winlaton Vulcan
Consett Supa Snooker
Shotley Cricketers
Castleside Horse and Groom
Consett Station
New Kyo Earl Grey were talking about resigning

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:17 am 

Look at how many clubs play sunday morning football now compared to years ago when you were playing a northern league game on a saturday and you might as well be playing in the Northern league again on a sunday thats how competitive and how good the teams were now just looking at the gateshead league 9 teams in each division!! its to be blunt embarrasing pitch fees not helping and fines for menial things i get it but 18 teams from the whole of gateshead what a joke.

Why dont they make them 12pm kick offs get a few more of the Pi**heads out of bed from the night before and see if that makes any difference.

Alphabet league used to have 8 divisons now down to 3 or 4 is it and looking at some of the other leagues on that list its dying on its feet try something new

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:49 am 

AMB wrote:
Look at how many clubs play sunday morning football now compared to years ago when you were playing a northern league game on a saturday and you might as well be playing in the Northern league again on a sunday thats how competitive and how good the teams were
Foss, there is also an increase in the number of players who sign contracts, which means they can't play for a Sunday club. There were 67 players on contract from about 1500 registrations at the end of last season but there already 64 contracts shown on the registrations page for the coming season, out of a current total of 180. We now see second division clubs offering contracts, which was unheard of until last season. I know that doesn't account for all the missing teams but it must be having some effect.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:00 am 

Keith

Its been dying on its backside for years mate not just the last two or three years and thats right across the board. when i played yes i know long time ago you had nearly 1500 teams entering teh county cup its now down to what 500 if you are lucky! Its down to todays society and the way the kids go out all night long yet cant get out of bed for a 10.30 kick off because they are still p***ed.

Try 12noon kick offs see if they get out of bed something has to be done otherwise in 5 years time i bet there will be less than 200 sunday league teams right across the county.

Wheres the like of the Plains farms and the redhouses gone two powerhouses from years ago. The barley mow one of the most if not the most successful side in the Gateshead and district league history gone i could list endless clubs or pubs who have had to fold due to lack of players and can only see the situation getting worse. I went to watch a few county cup games last season and the standard was dreadful and this was in the latter stages of the competition doesnt bode well

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:31 pm 

IMHO these are the reasons why amateur football is dwindling:

Relaxed licencing hours have seen clubs open later.
Many employers frown on active sportspeople (why pay a salary to someone who can be injured).
Linked to the above the rise in self employment.
Introduction of shift patterns not condusive to playing sport on a weekend.
Cost of running a team.
Wall to wall football on TV (too easy to get your fix).
The games console genration can play online without having to run around.
Rise of 'perfect body' gym culture (again, avoiding injury).
X factor generation imagine overnight success can happen, so why stick in and apply yourself at something.
The rise of junior football. Many players are just sick of it come adulthood, they've been burnt out.
In most junior football everyone rightfully gets a go. In adult football you have to work your socks off.